Acekard 2i flash card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by squiggles, May 4, 2011.

May 4, 2011

Acekard 2i flash card by squiggles at 11:31 PM (1,227 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. squiggles
    OP

Newcomer squiggles Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey, am looking to buy the Acekard 2i. flash card for my 3ds, now i've seen that people say that it is compatible with the 3ds but when im looking at it on shopTemp it's not saying anything about the 3ds in its description. If i buy a flashed card from the site will it be ready to work with a 3ds or is there anything further i will need to do?

Cheers

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    3DS compatibility is a new thing, it wasn't in the original description.

If a shop sells you some old stock that hasn't been updated, you will need to run it on a DS, DS Lite or DSi in order to run the update file.

3. squiggles
    OP

Newcomer squiggles Newbie

United Kingdom
    Cheers, just one more thing, not sure if this is the right place but is there anyway on shopTemp to buy it 3ds ready? or if not, a way around having to use an older device?

Thanks again

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Shoptemp itself isn't a shop, it's a directory of shops and their products and reviews.

There's no way to get around having an older device, just be sure that you buy from a shop that advertises it as 3DS-compatible.

Please note that the Acekard 3 is a fake product.

5. allpoison

Newcomer allpoison Newbie

United States
  6. multiboy2k

multiboy2k Newbie

Hey I just bought my Ak2i from there too!
    My question is:

When you got the card from there, did you need to update it through a DS/DSi machine first?
    Or, was it updated whereas all I need is my 3DS and just drag and drop games, etc on to the card?

Thanks!

It says it has shipped, I cant wait to play it!

7. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    As you're from the U.K. why not buy from http://www.xpertron.co.uk/-acekard-2i-3ds_c958 as they are based in the Channel Isles where it is still legal to sell them (it's illegal in the rest of the U.K.) delivery is very quick (3-5 days) and they are reasonable. Also they sell genuine AceKard 2i's that are ready to go for the 3DS.

8. gibberish

Member gibberish GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    £18? wow, rip off merchants.
    they're probably buying these things for about £5 each.

9. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

No, it's called business...you know, making a profit? and even if it's 5, there are other fees to pay. yes, place to store isn't free either even if you own a home and using it there. also, this is aimed towards a niche market, not a big market. niche market = less buyers = need a bigger profit margin = higher prices.

10. allpoison

Newcomer allpoison Newbie

United States
    If you meant the place I ordered from (gameplayfun), then yeah the Acekard 2i is compatible with the 3DS when you open it. If you ordered a microsd card (I did because I didn't want to order from another palce [​IMG]) too, then it's loaded with the latest version of AKAIO.