Hacking Acekard 2i firmware

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I know it, 'use the search function' or 'use search you lame fool'.. But, I need help.

I heard that AKAIO is better then the 'standard' Acekard 2i firmware, but I've got some questions about AKAIO.

1- What is the newest AKAIO firmware and where to download it?

2-Is there a great, very helpful guide to install AKAIO on an Acekard 2i on a Nintendo DSi.

3- IF the newest AKAIO firmware is the 1.4 one, that will 'by-pass' the Nintendo DSi Acekard 2i blocking, how to install it? I don't have 2 DS'es or more Acekards.

Please, help me.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Elechadram said:
Well, I know it, 'use the search function' or 'use search you lame fool'.. But, I need help.

I heard that AKAIO is better then the 'standard' Acekard 2i firmware, but I've got some questions about AKAIO.

1- What is the newest AKAIO firmware and where to download it?

2-Is there a great, very helpful guide to install AKAIO on an Acekard 2i on a Nintendo DSi.

3- IF the newest AKAIO firmware is the 1.4 one, that will 'by-pass' the Nintendo DSi Acekard 2i blocking, how to install it? I don't have 2 DS'es or more Acekards.

Please, help me.
Oh dear, oh dear.

Yes, AKAIO is an unofficial firmware that if better than the official Acekard firmware.

You can download AKAIO here at GBAtemp (search for it in the download section). The latest version is 1.4.1, but 1.5 is coming out sometime. Don't ask when unless you want to get flamed.

Yes, there's a guide on how to set it up, it's pinned at the top of this sub-forum. How you missed before you posted this abomination of a thread I do not know.

No, the firmware doesn't bypass anything. It's just the OS. To bypass the DSi update you need a DS, DS Lite, or a DSi that doesn't have the latest firmware (1.4 on it). Once you've got that you need to put a file on the micro SD (search for it, but it's not here on GBAtemp due to copyright reasons) and then run that file from your DS. If your DSi is already on 1.4 and you don't have access to a DS or DS Lite, you're screwed.

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aah. Thanks for the 'nice' reactions (some of them).

But, I don't have another DS or flashcart, but, can I still play with an Acekard 2i on a Nintendo DSi? Without the latest firmware? Or something?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Elechadram said:
Aah. Thanks for the 'nice' reactions (some of them).

But, I don't have another DS or flashcart, but, can I still play with an Acekard 2i on a Nintendo DSi? Without the latest firmware? Or something?
Did you read my post?

At what point did I say you'd need another flashcart? I didn't. Even if you did have one, the only use is to unbrick Acekards, and that can only be done on a DS Lite anyway.

You can use your AK2i on a DSi if it doesn't have the 1.4 firmware (the DS, NOT your Acekard).

Read my post again for the rest of your questions and how to get the AK2i working on a DSi with 1.4.

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry man, I didn't understand it very well.

So, you're saying that you don't need another DS or Acekard to use the newest Acekard firmware and that it's just like other firmwares? The firmware isn't difficult to 'intstall' right?

Thanks or the trouble.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Elechadram said:
Sorry man, I didn't understand it very well.

So, you're saying that you don't need another DS or Acekard to use the newest Acekard firmware and that it's just like other firmwares? The firmware isn't difficult to 'intstall' right?

Thanks or the trouble.
Ugh.

The Acekard firmware will work no matter what (unless the cart is a fake/clone).

To get the Acekard 2i working on a DSi with the latest patch (1.4) you will need either a DSi with firmware 1.3 or less, or a DS Lite/DS Phat. You will need NO other Acekard. Just yours. Put the update file (search for it) onto the root of your memory card, put your memory card into your Acekard, put your Acekard into your DSL/DSP/DSi (Version 1.3 or less) and run the update file. After about 20 seconds it will be done. Your Acekard will now work on a DSi with the latest firmware (1.4).

I mentioned all that in my first and second post. If you still don't understand READ IT AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTILL YOU DO BECAUSE I'M NOT TELLING YOU AGAIN.

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's what I meant. Thanks a lot mate!
biggrin.gif

But, I still don't understand some things, and I didn't really know/read if you told it already:

You said: "..To get the Acekard 2i working on a DSi with the latest patch (1.4).." So, does the NDSi already has been updated to 1.4?

And now another question: Can I, if I have a NDSi, without the DSi update 1.4, use the newest AKAIO firmware? Without de DSi being already updated higher?

I also read something about updating the firmware by using 2 DS'es and then getting a Danny Phantom icon or something.. What's that?

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok..listen carefully, u can update your ak on a dsi thats v1.3 or lower, u cant update on 1.4
u can use akaio with 1.3 version so u dont need to worry about that, ide suggest u update your ak and then your dsi, if u dont want to do that u wont have acces to the dsi shop

dont worry about the danny phantom icon, its just that the ak team cudnt use their original firmwae icon, so wen u run the dsi there will be a danny phantom icon instead of ak icon
dont ask y ...ok

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me make this clear once and for all.

AKAIO = Does NOT matter if the Acekard or DSi is updated.

DSi update ? Acekard update

DSi update ? AKAIO firmware

If you're DSi is NOT on 1.4 that is a GOOD thing because the Acekard will work. Because the Acekard works, you can run the ACEKARD update. Once the ACEKARD UPDATE is done the ACEKARD will work on ANY DSi. You can now update your DSi firmware, and your ACEKARD will still work.

AKAIO and the official firmware have NOTHING to do with the matter of the Acekard update and DSi firmware. Stop asking!

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already knew that AKAIO or the official firmware isn't the same as a Nintendo DSi update.

But, I understand the things you guys said now, but by understanding it, some other questions came up to me.

1- I saw a tutorial about updating your Acekard 2i to the latest firmware, and after that, updating your DSi to still supporting the Acekard 2i. But, I also read that you need 2 DS'es for it..?

2- If I update my Acekard 2i to the latest firmware, do I MUST update my Nintendo DSi also to the latest firmware so that it still supports the Acekard 2i, OR, can I let my DSi have a lower firmware so that I can still play with my Acekard 2i?

And @ ShatteredScreens: You said this in post #8:
QUOTE said:
Put the update file (search for it) onto the root of your memory card

That update file (in bold), is that firmware or some other AKAIO thing? I couldn't find it. If it is firmware, why not put that update file (firmware, I think) first on the Acekard 2i so you don't have to update it, just install it?

GamerOnHere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I say below, is not to flame, just to help. I say and mean this with no sarcasm. Please read the entire message, and no just a portion of it, or at least read the last part.
Get off of GBAtemp and go learn "some computer stuff". Then Search for some DS/DSL/DSi material on google, and slowly, build up your knowledge. Then come back to GBAtemp.net, and every time you have a question/questions, force yourself to shut-up and search for each question individually, and if your question isn't up there, DON'T POST. After you do this successfully for about a week, allow your self to post, but allways search first, and if nothing comes up, search for:
Code:
%subject% questions
If you skip any of the above, then you will become everyone's worst nightmare/enemy.

If you can't get AK2i to work, then sell it and get an M3i Zero. You need the F_CORE, The Manual, and Sakura (This is a "weird" edition.)

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already did that! That's why I opened this topic.

I searched all internet to find answers. These questions, are the only questions I have. When they get answered, I don't have any more questions and my journey for knowledge is complete. Why would I, open a topic if I didn't search the internet first?

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
akaio is just another firmware for ak just like the official firmware, wat dont u get
it doesnt matter if u have akaio or not u can still pdate and u need a dsi v1.3 or lower or a ds lite/phat to update your ak

now if u dont understand then i dont know wats wrong with u

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
STEPS:

Unzip 'AceKard 2i Update for DSi 1.4.rar' you will then have two files:

Updating via DSi use : ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds
Updating via DS Lite use : ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds

Copy the file to the root of the Micro SD memory card.

Place the Micro SD back into the AceKard 2i Card and insert into DSL/DSi Console

Select the Micro SD Card icon (from the main operating system on the AceKard 2i Main Screen)

Select the Firmware file ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds/ak2ifw_update_1 4_DSL.nds

Follow the on screen instructions (Press Start to update)

Complete!! You have a working AceKard 2i with DSi Firmware 1.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8