Treated

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys.

Here is my problem.

I bought the acekard 2i for my nintendo DSi V.1.4E and i have searched for 3 days now for firmware that can work for this card, it feels like i have tryed everything, but i always get the error message when i try to open the DS card, i can understand that is a bit of a problem when you have NDSi 1.4E, i really would be thankfull if anyone can explaine me, step by step what to do here, i used to have the r4i card but the acekard seemed a bit smarter. Hope someone can help me here, thx

GolenSun550

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You AK2i may not be upgraded for v1.4 (You need a NDS/NDS Lite to do this).

First download and unzip this pack

You should notice two .nds files. One should have DSi in its name and the other DSL. If you're using a DSi to perform this upgrade, drag the file with the DSi in its name to the root of your SD Card. If you're using a regular DS or DSLite to do this upgrade. Drag the other file to your SD Card. Remember, DSi consoles already on v1.4 cannot perform the upgrade.

Next, remove the SD Card from your PC and insert it into your AceKard2i.

Insert your AceKard into your DS and boot it up. Find the file that you just placed on your SD Card and press load it up. Before you continue, make sure that your DS is plugged in and charging. It could be dangerous if you run out of power during this process. Follow the on-screen instructions and Press A to start the update.

Once its done, your AceKard should then work on any DSi running on System Menu 1.4. Enjoy

Treated

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay, then i need to get an DS lite, i was i bit confused about all of this, hehe. Thx for the help m8, ill try finding a DS lite and upgrade my ak2i card

Treated

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why can it be that some of the acekards wont show that they are inserted in the DS lite? only some of the cards shows in the menu, and i put the same software on it

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Treated said:
why can it be that some of the acekards wont show that they are inserted in the DS lite? only some of the cards shows in the menu, and i put the same software on it

Are you sure you got the right firmware?

Make sure you go to AKAIO or the official AceKard site to get your firmware.

AKAIO is recommended btw.

And be sure to check whether your AK2i is a fake or not.

Where did you get it from?

shango46

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Treated said:

I had this same problem and tried it on several different DS's. One thing that I found works is turn the DS on with the Acekard already inserted. I know it might sound stupid but it worked for me and I am now using it on my DSi XL with no problems. Hope this helps (someone)!

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Treated said:
That's a contact issue.

Try one of the paper tricks in my guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103

Maybe, but maybe it could be "dead one"... That is possible too.
Three months ago I got one for updating to 1.4FW compatibility... Didnt show in DSL, paper tricks not solved it... And it was real (genuine) card, not clone - with this I am sure.

Treated

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow thats a really specific guide there saturn, i never thought that there could be concact issues. ill give it a try

Treated

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any tricks for a great setup of your DSi, im thinking like for the wii you can dl covers for each game, and then you can look at the cover what the game is about, like in wii flow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock