Hacking Acekard 2i Dragon Quest 9 sav problems

Kodax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason my Acekard 2i is not working with me. There is a particular Japanese sav on the internet that has many of the 'famous' DQ9 treasure maps saved onto it. So I found a Japanese DQ9 rom and saved it as well as the sav to my micro sd. I boot up the game and it the only option the game gives me is to start a new file. For whatever reason it is not recognizing the sav.

I am merely trying to send the maps from the Japanese rom to my legit NA copy of the game using the tag mode feature.

For the record both the rom and the sav are named 'dq9.nds' So a naming error is not the problem. And my Japanese pokemon soul silver rom and sav work just fine, so the problem seems to just be with this game specifically.

I can provide more information if needed. Aside from that if anybody can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.

Dr.Aqua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you are using Akaio

Change the name to

Game.nds

and

Game.sav

Warning not .SAV

i ran into the same problem when migrating my r4 to ak2i
it worked perfectly after changing the capitilization

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have an RPG, see if your save works with Wood RPG. Wood requires the save to be dq9.nds.sav and not dq9.sav. You could also try running it through the shunyweb save converter, RPG is meant to use the RAW format which is different from what the AK2i etc uses.

Kodax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its an Acekard 2i with the Acekard rpg firmware I believe.

All the saves on my card are sav files so I don't see why I would need to convert anything. I also checked the sav in the dragon quest 9 save editor and it reads it, so I know the save isn't messed up or anything.

Edit: I am not super knowledgeable when it comes to flashcards and all the different firmware and what not so please forgive me for my noobishness.

Kodax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didnt see my edit. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to any of this. So if you can help me out of my confusion it would be great.

Kodax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I installed AKAIO using the directions found in the wiki. All of my old roms and their saves work, but the dragon quest sav/rom still wont comply with each other. The rom boots and I can start a new file, and the save works in the save editor. So I know they are both functioning, but they just don't want to work together.

Kodax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I found another rom and it worked with that one. All that trouble lol. At least I am all up todate with the latest and greatest firmware now. Thanks all for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-