Acekard 2i crashes in menu

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by KennethNL, Apr 16, 2009.

Apr 16, 2009

Acekard 2i crashes in menu by KennethNL at 4:51 PM (1,847 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. KennethNL
    OP

Newcomer KennethNL Member

United States
    Hi all,

I just got my Acekard 2i in the mail and had an microSD card with games and themes to start gaming. When I changed the background theme on the Acekard to a theme called "DSstore...", the top one in the menu, I got a weird theme. Now, when I push start in the menu, to eventually change the theme, the system crashes.

Games do work fine, but I can't acces the Start-menu anymore. I tried deleting all the themes from my SD-card, but that doesn't work. Is there a way to reset the Acekard 2i or to get this to work, cause I really want to get this fixed!

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Ahh yess. This happened to me at least twice. I fixed it both times by doing the exact same thing.

When this happens, it means that your GlobalSettings.ini is corrupted, meaning the AK was writing to it and it accidentally got stopped in the middle of writing. This happened to me both times because I tried to rename the folder of a skin. It happened to me when I got the new GBATemp V3 skin. The folder was named "gbatemp". I wanted to capitalize it to "GBATemp" then when I booted it up, it crashed. So as a friendly tip, DO NOT rename the folders of Skins. They have a settings file within them that will give them a name.

How To Fix:

1) Simply plug into your MicroSD into your computer and go into the __aio folder and delete GlobalSettings.ini.
    2) On the next boot up, you will get the last skin which was used before the crash and GlobalSettings.ini will be regenerated.
    3) Plug back you MicroSD and your restore settings to your GlobalSettings.ini such as 12 Hour Clock or EZFlash Hardware Check. See AKAIO Wiki for commands.

~ Jon

3. voltronad

Newcomer voltronad Member

United States
    EDIT: Nevermind - looks like jonjon answered your question far better than me!

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    hahahaha thx voltronad. Im just sharing my experience with fellow Tempers.

~ Jon

5. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yay, someone downloaded my skin!

Oh, and jonjon, if you want me to, I can make the default name for it GBAtemp - pm me.

Just everybody, remember to rename the skin BEFORE you use it!

6. KennethNL
    OP

Newcomer KennethNL Member

United States
    Thanks everyone! Everything is up and running again!

7. Levi1123

Newcomer Levi1123 Newbie

United States
    To add my findings, ive found that if you edit this value in globalsettings.ini:

uiName = [insert folder with valid theme contents here]

Not only will that change the theme (somewhat obvious) but will fix the crash i ran into by accidentally having the theme inside two folders =P

Regards,

~Levi

8. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I didn't, working fine for me!

But could you do something about the cheat text? I have to tilt the DS until I can read it [​IMG]