AceKard 2i Action Replay Cheats Problem!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Klemzo, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009
  1. Klemzo
    OP

Newcomer Klemzo Advanced Member

United States
    Hello guys,

I'm having a problem with using cheats on Acekard 2i, and I tried everything I already found on your forums.

So here ill try explaining the problem in steps the best way I can:

Afcourse 1st I downloaded the newest USRCHEAT.DAT and put it into "cheats" folder on _ak

I start DSi and start Acekard 2i.

I come into the Acekard 2i menu where I have my games listed (including Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds Stardust Accelator; on which I want to use my cheats)

There I tab the START in right bottom corner and select PATCHES

Where it says "Cheat/Action Replay" I put to ENABLE and where it says "Cheat DB File" I put to USRCHEAT.DAT

I tab (press) "Ok" and it puts me back to the games menu. (after asking me if I want to save this settings (where I press yes))

In games menu I go over my Yu-Gi-Oh game and press "Y" so it shows me games properties.

There I press "Y" again (or Rom Info) to get to Setup Rom Info menu.

There I Enable the "Cheat/Action Replay"

In still the same menu I press again "Y" (or Cheat Menu).

In cheat menu I press MISC CODES (this is diffrent for every game, some don't even have this folders) so it opens the file where there are options like "Max DP". I then click "Max DP" so it says it is enabled. (mark changes to ok)

I press "Save" (or "A) and then again in Setup Rom Info I press "OK" (or "A"). (and confirm I want to save this settings). And then again press "Ok" in games properties so it closes and puts me again into Games Menu.

Now this should be all set. If I go back and check all the info its saved as it should be.
    I launch my Yu-Gi-Oh game and it loads. When I come in the cheats don't work. I tried pressing START + SELECT + UP ARROW (OR DOWN ARROW) to ENABLE/DISABLE it but it still doesn't work.

This doesn't work for other cheats and other games. I've tried everything that people tried and worked for them on other forums or here but still it didn't worked.

So please I explained this the best way I could so could someone help me or tell me what I've done wrong?! [​IMG]
    Thank you very much [​IMG]

P.S.
    Sory if my English is bad; us its not my main language.
    And sory if I posted in the wrong forum section, I just thought its the most appropriate.
    Thanks~

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Are you using AKAIO?

I don't know about the original firmware but in AKAIO, after you mark the cheats you want enabled, you press either START or SELECT to save your changes, not (A).

3. Klemzo
    OP

United States
    Sory, but I 1st heard for AKAIO right know when you told me for it [​IMG]
    When I got my AceKard 2i few days ago I just patched it with the latest firmware and nothing else. Probably I am not using AKAIO because SELECT or START don't work on my firmware.

Well thanks I think I'm gona try AKAIO but just could you give me a little more info about it?
    This is just a type of firmware right? It can be used on AceKard 2i? And how do I put it on?

hehe yes I am a noob here [​IMG]

Thanks for any help~

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    please feedback after trying on AKAIO
    and is it the (U) game that you are playing with

5. Klemzo
    OP

United States
    Ok, I've installed the AKAIO and it works fine, BUT the cheats still don't work.

Yes here I simply select cheats then press START and thats it, but the cheats still don't work.
    Must I again enable something I do not know?
    Could someone please tell me step by step detailed guide on how to use cheats here?

Thank you very much [​IMG]

Yes I am playing with US game.

EDIT:
    Oh, I've just tried cheats on some other games and they all worked (like Super Mario, Yoshi Island, Advance Wars Days of Ruins, etc.)
    So now only on yu-gi-oh 5d's stardust accelerator world championship 2009 (US) cheats don't work?
    Why is that? Shall I try (E) or other?

Thanks~

6. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Ok so 1st off, you press SELECT not START to save selections in AKAIO when referring to cheats. Try this:

Highlight Yu-Gi-Oh 5D.
    Press Y to enter ROM Settings.
    Tap cheats.
    Press Y again to rebuild the database.
    Apply cheats & press Select.
    Launch game.

~ Jon

7. Twilight Loz

Member Twilight Loz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If it dont work then that means that the cheats for that game in not in its database. It'll tell you what cheats the usercheat has by looking in the readme.txt document

8. Klemzo
    OP

United States
    Heh, don't think I am an idiot. The problem is more then that, because belive me I am Flash Programer and I've been around computers since I was able to speak lol [​IMG]
    Anyhow it does not matter if you press SELECT or START cause it both works. And yes I tried that but it doesn't work. Anyway I decoded the script and set the game's ID so that It might work but then I've got an error on cards ID.
    So I just (what me noob lol should try before even posting here) tried European version of the game and it worked fun.
    Dunno what the problem was there cause the cheats were compatible for US but it simply didn't recognize it.

So thank you guys for all of your help
    Cya
    Klemzo~

9. Hakoda

United States
    Never thought of you as a n00b. i dont judge people by the number of posts theyve made. Just because theyre new doesnt mean theyre idiots.
    I never knew you could do both START & SELECT ahahah learn something new everydayyyy (:
    Glad i could help even tho i didnt really do anything other than make a useless post

~ Jon

10. Klemzo
    OP

United States
    Hehe, yes sory to be so offensive =)
    Well you helped alot by just replying hehe [​IMG]

Thanks~

11. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    read this and you will know why

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143356&st=15&start=15

12. Hakoda

United States
    hahah its all good and it looks like the master of cheats codes himself has resolved your problem (: looks like it really isnt just you with cheat problems on Yu-Gi-Oh 5D.

~ Jon