Hacking acekard 2i 3ds

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When people start to post 3ds roms online,do you think acekard 2i will update to be capable or will i need to upgrade to the acekard 3?

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Doubt it. The bandwidth of DS flashcarts probably is way too low for 3DS games so it'd be a lot of loading and lag with a tiny bit of gameplay.
But first let's see if there's even a cartridge based way to play ROMs. A softmod would be much more interesting. (And the 3DS not being hacked for a year or two would be very nice as well)

D

Deleted_171835

• You probably won't be able to play 3DS games on a flashcart or emulator for a long time.
  • There will never be a way to run 3DS games on existing DS flashcarts. A 3DS game will not work on your Acekard 2i.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i seriously doubt 3DS roms will come out cause their gonna be 10x more encryption then Pokemon b/w nintendo isn't stupid also some of the of the 3DS carts the games can be up to 2gb also once nintendo gets wind of a 3ds flash cart they'll just block them and if the auto update is/was true you have no choice in the matter

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id say there's probably as much chance of it working as the GBA one playing Ds games
yaynds.gif

hooble

Trophies
XP
Country
Prime_Zero said:
Id say there's probably as much chance of it working as the GBA one playing Ds games
yaynds.gif

Lets hope so
biggrin.gif
. I can't tell if you were being serious but for those that don't know, you actually could use those old GBA carts to load DS games on the original DS consoles. It worked fairly well, but they were very limited in capacity. I had an XROM-512mb GBA flash cart that I used to load DS games. We had to patch the DS firmware back in the day to do it, but it was pretty simple and worked.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisrlink said:
i seriously doubt 3DS roms will come out cause their gonna be 10x more encryption then Pokemon b/w nintendo isn't stupid also some of the of the 3DS carts the games can be up to 2gb also once nintendo gets wind of a 3ds flash cart they'll just block them and if the auto update is/was true you have no choice in the matter
You're right up till the auto update. It's entirely up to the player to opt in or out of spot pass. Or to even have a wireless network setup. They're not holding a gun to your head.

From Nintendo in the past you see mandatory updates for the shops and nothing more. Anything beyond that has yet to be seen.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know which right now, but there definately are some. I believe the european version of Steel Diver (which came out like 2 weeks after the US version) was one of them.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, some 3DS games requires you to update?
Well, I updated anyway and the only games I have are Street Fighter IV and Rayman 3D.

Interesting, can someone confirm this?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't for sure confirm nor deny those above statements as I've brought my games on launch day. Maybe someone who brought a new game recently released like steel driver comfirm this? I think they are b/s'n.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k