Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS update

Kiroziki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just for the record, my issue hasn't resulted in any bricking, i kinda messed up with a lot of files so it was more my fault than the actual software which works perfectly on my DSi. Sadly i can't sort it out at the moment due to i don't have an SD card reader at the moment, but i'm going to get my hands on one tomorrow.

SaikyoKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit of an interesting problem on my end, don't know if anyone else might know what it is.

I've got a card with HW:80 on it, and I'm trying to update it to play on my 3DS via my DSPhat. I've reformatted, simply added the AKAIO files for now and tried the update file. I got stuck on the screen that asked me to remove the card and press B though. Anyone else maybe have any ideas or suggestions?

SaikyoKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kiroziki said:
Pop out the cartridge and then place it back into the system, then press B and it should update with no problem.

Mm, I've tried that too, but it looks like I freeze on the screen once I hit this step. Pushing B doesn't get me any farther in the process.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaikyoKid said:
I've got a card with HW:80 on it

HW 80 is confirmed to have some clones card, chances are it'll NEVER work correctly for you if it's not working now.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I editing my post, turns out I was half right, 50% of HWID 80 and clones, 50% aren't.
But chances are if it's not working, it's a clone. You'll need to buy an official one for your 3DS probably.

SaikyoKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
I editing my post, turns out I was half right, 50% of HWID 80 and clones, 50% aren't.
But chances are if it's not working, it's a clone. You'll need to buy an official one for your 3DS probably.
Still probably true in my case. I didn't really see anyone else getting the same error and I can't really remember what site I wound up buying it off of. Still probably a good idea to get a bonafied official card one way or the other.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that updated, you said it shows Japanese text? What game is suppose to show up? I wonder if this is a bad thing for US/EUR 3DS if there showing up as a game that isnt in their region. Before it was Alex Rider which was in english.

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
i think my ak2i is broke..updated and now when i put in my old ds and 3ds the carts comes up but with no text and is blank(on 3ds theres no floating cart on the top)

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lithium210 said:
For those that updated, you said it shows Japanese text? What game is suppose to show up? I wonder if this is a bad thing for US/EUR 3DS if there showing up as a game that isnt in their region. Before it was Alex Rider which was in english.

Why should that matter? the DS is regionfree.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B3astinSnipes said:
frown.gif
i think my ak2i is broke..updated and now when i put in my old ds and 3ds the carts comes up but with no text and is blank(on 3ds theres no floating cart on the top)
Try reseating the card into the slot and/or the paper trick. Could be a contact issue

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
B3astinSnipes said:
frown.gif
Try reseating the card into the slot and/or the paper trick. Could be a contact issue
no like when i put it in the ds lite its come up like the a games in there but the description and name are completely blank...tried everything
frown.gif

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dreassica said:
lithium210 said:

The 3DS is not region free.

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kthnxshwn said:
dreassica said:
lithium210 said:

Again, not for ds titles.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kthnxshwn said:
dreassica said:
lithium210 said:

Yeah he's right, its not region free. But still a slight concern, i mean this update is probably good for acekard's that are being used in japan. I doubt anything will happen but it just got me thinking..

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:

on my DSI XL it has some japanese writing and underneath it it says DORASU..I dont mind it as long as it works it can say whatever it wants lol

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
kthnxshwn said:
dreassica said:
lithium210 said:

3DS is not region free for 3DS games, it is for DS games.
So it doesn't matter what game the use to fake.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN said:
kthnxshwn said:
dreassica said:
lithium210 said:

3DS is not region free for 3DS games, it is for DS games.
So it doesn't matter what game the use to fake.

True. I think Nintendo will be more worried about 3DS flashcarts in the future. Thats why those work to begin with, dont think Nintendo cared about dealing with the DS backwards compability & flashcarts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1