Acekard 2 not working on ds lite

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by djsika, Feb 19, 2010.

Feb 19, 2010
  1. djsika
    OP

Newcomer djsika Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hello, i have a Acekard 2 with Akai 1.5.1 installed with the latest loader and it works on my daughters old fat ds just fine but when it is in the ds lite the games loads and end up crashing just after title menus, any idea why this is? it works just fine on my daughters old fat ds

cheers

2. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    for crashing what you mean?
    it's freeze in game text or reset your ds lite ?

acekard 2 there are a lot of defective batch so it's probably a hardware problem

3. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    try paper work, looks like it has bad contact... if it works great in one ds and in second nothing, it must be contact...

4. elmoreas

Member elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does the DSL have trouble with any other cards? Any freezes or such? I ask because it is possible it is not the card but the DSL. If it works in one DS but not another it can be two things, a problem with the card or a problem with the DS. If you can get your hands on a 3rd DS test it on that and see if it works. If it does then most likely it is the DSL that has an issue, if it does not then it is the card that has the issue. If it is the card then my suggestion is to just get a new one since they are so dirt cheap these days, at least the Acekard 2.1/2i series are in the US/Canada. If it is the DSL then what you do is up to you but I love my Acekard and it would drive me nuts not to be able to use it so I would go to Gamestop (or whatever chain game store you have available) and trade it in for store credit at one store and go buy another DSL at a differnt store. Hope this helps, sorry I cannot be of more use, but without being there to see the unit in person there is little more I can do. Have a good one. Best of luck to you.

Sincerely,
    Elmoreas

5. djsika
    OP

Newcomer djsika Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your replys guys, i got my hands on another card and it works on the dsl, so i'm putting it down to faulty flash card, will try paper trick sometime, thanks again [​IMG]

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Glad you've got it sorted - just to add to this

I've read that on some DSLites there were' shorter contacts' internally that caused problems with acekards 'freezing' at times (although it usually froze on the Nintendo Health Screen)

The 'card trick' pushes the contacts of the Acekard harder against these shorter contacts & stopped this from happening.