Zankurou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I come home and boot up my AK2. The OS and UI boot up fine but then the microSD doesn't load.
The icon just keeps flickering and nothing happens. I suspect my brother has something to do with this.
Also the microSD is recognized fine on the PC. Think my AK2 might be defective?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The suggestion you're probably going to receive is reformat the SD, it may have involved removing it from a device while it was in use. Either that or its possessed by a spirit that can only be placated by sacrificing your brother in its name.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was a bad batch of AK2's, and the behavior is similar to what you're experiencing. So, it's possible that you got a bad one. Best to rule out your microSD first though, so you might want to try it with a different microSD if you have one.

See this thread for more info about the bad AK2's: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=86879

-Bri

Zankurou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sigh. Well I guess I can't use Bliss Firmware anymore.
frown.gif

I installed the original OS and it works.
Oh well.
frown.gif

I have to go back to .xml cheats.
frown.gif

EDIT: Well it doesn't load games.
frown.gif
So I guess I just have to send it back.
Hmm do I send it back in a letter or should I send it back in a package?
Sorry I'm kind of retarded mailing wise.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you try reformatting the microSD card? Did you try using a different microSD card? It's best to rule out the microSD before assuming it's a bad AK2.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Contact the seller and ask them how they want you to send it back to them (or check their exchange policy on their website for instructions).

-Bri

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep same thing as mine and few others, S1 will flicker and start to load but eventually freezes....acekard said a batch were bad, my replacement is otw so hopefully its fine. Only occured when i started playing around with skins and cheats, dunno if thats what causes it to go bad or not.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Leetmod is a really good seller, so you should have no trouble getting a replacement.

According to their website:

QUOTE said:
Please contact us from the "contact us" page to receive your RMA number and RMA address. Simply send back your defective merchandise to have it replaced. Available Within one year of purchase, Leetmod.com will replace your defected merchandise for free.

Attention:

* ONE year manufacturer's warranty started from the day order was placed.
* Accessory items such as card carriers and SD card readers are not covered by the warranty.
* Any physical damage will NOT be covered within the warranty.
* Leetmod.com does not cover return shipment charges.
* For Returns, please do NOT send as certificated mail or signature confirmed mail with your shipment, or you will risk significantly delayed processing time.

So to obtain your RMA, you'll need to obtain an RMA by contacting them via this page: http://www.leetmod.com/contact_us.html

Just explain the problem and they should send you an RMA with instructions for sending it back to them. I think if you send it back in a padded envelope (maybe the one they sent it to you in) or use some bubble wrap that would work.

-Bri

slippery-beef

Trophies
XP
Country
My Acekard 2 has now stopped reading from the SDmicro card after trying to apply a skin, I have tried another card and tried formatting with a clean install of the acekard firmware with just one game but still no joy, I have contacted Dealextreme (where I got the card from) and am just waiting for a reply.

lewjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got my acekard 2 yesterday and switched around some skins and used the cheat function. Seems to work fine, does that mean I'm in the clear?
unsure.gif

Basically is there a sure fire test to see if my acekard is defective or not.

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think there is lewjay. From everything I've read tho, I've noticed alot of the problems seem to be after playing around with the skins and cheats. I got my replacement finally, but have not bothered with skins/cheats again...personally dont use the cheats, and the black evo skin that it preloaded looks great to me. Just not gonna bother with those now, but I don't think there is any SURE way to test to see if it is defective.

lewjay

Trophies
XP
Country
That is disappointing as is the lack of information from Acekard team. It looks like they are banking on people's ignorance. I can't with good conscience recommend this card to anyone when i think it's a ticking time bomb.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple