Acekard 2, DSTT, EDGE?

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by cepheus, Oct 8, 2008.

Oct 8, 2008

Acekard 2, DSTT, EDGE? by cepheus at 2:32 PM (1,304 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. cepheus
    OP

Member cepheus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So everyone is who orders an acekard 2 is pretty worried about it coming from the faulty batch. So between the dstt and edge, which would be the better alternative?

or is it possible that the acekard 2 faulty batches are not really a thing to worry about.

I plan to order from dx probably next week or so.

thanks for the help

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    For $13 USD ($14 with a microSD reader) you can't really go wrong. If you happen to get a bad Acekard 2, DX will replace it free of charge.

That said, I have seen no reports on the Acekard forum of any new ones sold by DX being faulty.

Therefore, I would recommend getting the Acekard 2 which has a better menu than both the Edge and DSTT.

But if you're really worried, the Edge is far better than the DSTT (and also more expensive than either the Acekard 2 or the DSTT).

-Bri

3. kingkevin

Newcomer kingkevin Member

United States
    I researches pretty hard before I baught one of these things and I would NOT get an acekard 2. They seem VERY unreliable.
    I got an Edge the other day. I havent gotten it yet, but I hope I like it. [​IMG]
    IT seems fairly inexpensive and reliable based on the majority of the comments

4. GreenJ

Newcomer GreenJ Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    the edge is one of the cheaper flash carts and it has quite a lot of features, so i would reccomend the edge