Hacking AceKard 2 and M3 Sakura Comparison?

Panic101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering basically I like the idea of the RTS feature I'm aware that m3 Sakura has this feature, I don't know about Acekard 2. So does it have RTS?

Also, what makes the Acekard 2 more advantageous then m3 sakura? If anything..thanks.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh I love Sakura, it might not have as many features as the acekard's menu but boy the features it does have are pretty awesome. Moonshell is built in so you don't need an external homebrew to run movies or music, it has the recently run list that shows up everytime you boot Sakura (it can be turned off) showing a list of the last 5 run games and or applications and you can click on them to run them, it also has a disk check that runs everytime you boot Sakura (again can be turned off) it's a quick 5 second check that checks to make sure none of your micro SD is corrupted, Sakura is included as a double boot so you can easily switch between Sakura and the official M3 firmware, and last but not least it looks beautiful there's so many skins and it's a firmware with very good and responsive touch screen abilities my favorite part is how you can see the whole list of things in a folder instead of only like seeing 4 things per page the scrolling is pixel by pixel.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
DeltaBurnt said:
Meh I love Sakura, it might not have as many features as the acekard's menu but boy the features it does have are pretty awesome. Moonshell is built in so you don't need an external homebrew to run movies or music, it has the recently run list that shows up everytime you boot Sakura (it can be turned off) showing a list of the last 5 run games and or applications and you can click on them to run them, it also has a disk check that runs everytime you boot Sakura (again can be turned off) it's a quick 5 second check that checks to make sure none of your micro SD is corrupted, Sakura is included as a double boot so you can easily switch between Sakura and the official M3 firmware, and last but not least it looks beautiful there's so many skins and it's a firmware with very good and responsive touch screen abilities my favorite part is how you can see the whole list of things in a folder instead of only like seeing 4 things per page the scrolling is pixel by pixel.
You can do all of that with Moonshell. I remain unconvinced.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
M3 Sakura:
RTS
Scrolling Menu
Can play DPG's and others from firmware. (if only AKAIO could do that, it would be perfect. I'm satisfied with MP3's though)
Sliding thingy

AKAIO:
Faster
More skins and easier
Faster loading
Faster Updates
Supports plugins for different file extensions

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do mostly anything on Moonshell that M3 Sakura could do except RTS.

Oh and no more plugins for AKAIO 1.5. If only AKAIO had RTS and could play Music straight off the menu. For looks I like AKAIO and M3 Sakura the same. But AKAIO could trim roms.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
benjaminlibl said:
DeltaBurnt said:
You can do all of that with Moonshell. I remain unconvinced.

Ok have fun with the acekard, I have failed to convince you.

Panic101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RTS feature just really appeals to me though lol..arrgh but AKAIO seems to be better. BUT THE RTS T__T I NEED IT. One more question do AKAIO ever plan on coming out with a RTS feature?= in the near future? Like do you have a timeline of when that could happen?

Lol, thanks for the info guys anything else you want to share I would love to hear it.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i dont think akaio will include rts
im not sure but well find out soon enough cuz akaio 1.5 is comin out soon
anyways sakura is amazing, i love it but akaio appeals to me way more
one thing i really like about akaio is that it includes lmp-ng music player and m3 sakura is a fusion menu with moonshell but i still like lmp-ng

Panic101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question PharaohsVizier, Acekard has support for multiple saves per game, right? Does M3 Sakura have this feature or no?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never really understood what's so great about real time saves... Most games have a save function already, and losing/dying...if you use an RTS file, you can't say you haven't essentially cheated at the game. But neh, whatever. It's why I like my Acekard 2i better.

Panic101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
I've never really understood what's so great about real time saves... Most games have a save function already, and losing/dying...if you use an RTS file, you can't say you haven't essentially cheated at the game. But neh, whatever. It's why I like my Acekard 2i better.

Yeah, you're right I don't to cheat like that. On the bright side, Ackeard is like 11 bucks so I guess I'll go with that. lol...hope I made the right choice. Is there a list of changes in the AKAIO 1.5 version I can see anywhere? Or maybe someone can tell me what they're doing for that firmware release, I'm very curious. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
shinkukage09 said:

I'm not sure why people keep saying that RTS is like cheating. I can understand it can be abused, and that would be considered cheating. But, at least in my opinion, it is perfectly legitimate to play through a game and need an extra save point so you well... stop playing. Nothing frustrates me more than a game with save points 2 or 3 hours apart. I play games in class a lot, so I do need to stop games abruptly, whether it is because teachers get angry or because someone else wants to play. I can SAVE at that point, and as long as I don't abuse it by saving before the boss and constantly go back to that point (sadly enough I can't say I've never done that, Contra is one tough game XD), then I have no guilt, no shame. I remember using RTS extensively for Suikoden Tierkreis because some of the save points, while not far away, were tucked in places that I couldn't find. If I didn't have RTS, I'd be circling for hours to find them. And yet I have no problem saying that I beat the game without cheating.

That being said, it is true that most games have save functions, I mean Pokemon, you can practically save anywhere, same with Phoenix Wright, and games like Mario Kart don't need it. There are only a few games that do need the RTS function, but it is those games that make you really appreciate the feature.

When you're using it like that, yes, it's fine. But I know for a fact that most people who use it, well, use it right before say...a big boss fight that has a bit to go through before getting to it. To me, that's why I consider it stupid.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
PharaohsVizier said:
shinkukage09 said:

I'm not sure why people keep saying that RTS is like cheating. I can understand it can be abused, and that would be considered cheating. But, at least in my opinion, it is perfectly legitimate to play through a game and need an extra save point so you well... stop playing. Nothing frustrates me more than a game with save points 2 or 3 hours apart. I play games in class a lot, so I do need to stop games abruptly, whether it is because teachers get angry or because someone else wants to play. I can SAVE at that point, and as long as I don't abuse it by saving before the boss and constantly go back to that point (sadly enough I can't say I've never done that, Contra is one tough game XD), then I have no guilt, no shame. I remember using RTS extensively for Suikoden Tierkreis because some of the save points, while not far away, were tucked in places that I couldn't find. If I didn't have RTS, I'd be circling for hours to find them. And yet I have no problem saying that I beat the game without cheating.

That being said, it is true that most games have save functions, I mean Pokemon, you can practically save anywhere, same with Phoenix Wright, and games like Mario Kart don't need it. There are only a few games that do need the RTS function, but it is those games that make you really appreciate the feature.

When you're using it like that, yes, it's fine. But I know for a fact that most people who use it, well, use it right before say...a big boss fight that has a bit to go through before getting to it. To me, that's why I consider it stupid.

wel yeah it does act as a way of cheating but its a good feature to use and very usful
i dont really think of it as a way of cheating and i dont really use it but i do think that ts really usefull

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RTS is more of a cheat than playing the original, but less than an invincibility AR code. And as nearly every flash card supports AR codes, I do not think RTS are too much cheating. It is a cheat I gladly use. I acknowledge that I am not a very good player and that I sometimes need this to be able to continue (in fact, I would still not have beaten Super Mario Bros. if the DX version did not introduce save points between levels), but I only use it if I absolutely need it or if I consider the save system of the game stupid/unusable. With the additional power draw of flash cards, it can also come in handy as a substitute for sleep mode.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeh
some games really do have really stupid saving systems
unlike pokemon games like platinum u just have to press start or watever and go tot eh mane and theres a save option
if all games were like that we wouldnt need rts

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sometimes use RTS to cheat when I am honest to god backed in a corner in Phoenix Wright and don't feel like using the crappy save system that MAKES you go back to the menu instead of being able to continue, and other times I use it when like my battery is running low things like that.

Anyways Panic101 I think you could live without RTS if you really see a problem with m3i zero and like the acekard. Just go with your gut instinct I'm not going to further convince you cause that'll make me look like some fanboy trying to convince people just because I also have that flashcart...and I'm not.

Panic101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
I sometimes use RTS to cheat when I am honest to god backed in a corner in Phoenix Wright and don't feel like using the crappy save system that MAKES you go back to the menu instead of being able to continue, and other times I use it when like my battery is running low things like that.

Anyways Panic101 I think you could live without RTS if you really see a problem with m3i zero and like the acekard. Just go with your gut instinct I'm not going to further convince you cause that'll make me look like some fanboy trying to convince people just because I also have that flashcart...and I'm not.

Nah man, I know you're not a fanboy, but you're really knowledgeable on the M3 card which is great thanks for your input. However, I've been thinking besides the RTS man, M3 Sakura doesn't update as fast and as much, and what's crazy is we don't even know why that's going on. AKAIO however updates fast as I can see and that to me is a little extra security in the comfort section.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sakura actually does update frequently it's just I think lately the updates have been slow because they've been trying to get M3i Zero out and the 1.4 fix done.

They just recently released 1.41 (like yesterday) which fixes all cheats and includes an in menu delete function (press select+L to be asked to delete the file selected).

Earlier in like April they were pumping out alot of Sakura updates like every couple of weeks tops.

cngamemart

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gamezway.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
DeltaBurnt said:
Sakura actually does update frequently it's just I think lately the updates have been slow because they've been trying to get M3i Zero out and the 1.4 fix done.

They just recently released 1.41 (like yesterday) which fixes all cheats and includes an in menu delete function (press select+L to be asked to delete the file selected).

Earlier in like April they were pumping out alot of Sakura updates like every couple of weeks tops.
that could probably be right,they never stop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...