Hacking AceKard 2.1 or CycloDS Evolution?

bolmedias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I've decided that I'll be buying a flash cart for my DS Lite. It's the first cart I've ever bought, and for the time being I only intend to use it for DS gaming, but I may get into homebrew later on. I was first going to buy an AceKard 2.1 with a 2GB MicroSD card. However, I would also like the cart I buy to have DS-Wii connectivity, and for that I require a CycloDS Evolution. I have found a trusted vendor that sells the CycloDS with a 2GB card for a bit more money than the AceKard.

I want the connectivity available to me just in case I ever need it, and I don't mind paying the extra money, so would it be worth buying the CycloDS over the AceKard just for this one feature?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not just one feature. There is also the "In-Game Guide" feature which allows you to read .txt files during gameplay (think of it as walkthroughs) and "Real Time Save" which allows you to save anywhere in game using the CycloDS' saver.

But you can also look forward to the new CycloDS firmware that they are suppose to release (I don't know when. You can read more in the CycloDS section). It is suppose to have more features... But I don't think it will change much.

If you are going to use those extra features, then go with the CycloDS Evolution. But if you can live without Wii-DS connectivity, Use your computer for walkthroughs, and use cheats/save when ever possible in game, then go for the AceKard 2.1 then use the AKAIO firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D