guerrierodipace

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I am working on various combination,so Ak2 HW 80 with Akaio 1.51 and 2gb microsd:
with surprise changing formatting fat/fa32 with different cluster size I have,for example that Simpson game WORK or NOT with savegame.
If someone else can do some testing I think is very useful for all here

for example formatted fat32 with 512byte cluster simpson don't start (stop on loading)
with fat32 formatted 8192byte simpson work normally

can anyone confirm???

random-passer-by

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nigeria
guerrierodipace said:
I am working on various combination,so Ak2 HW 80 with Akaio 1.51 and 2gb microsd:
with surprise changing formatting fat/fa32 with different cluster size I have,for example that Simpson game WORK or NOT with savegame.

for example formatted fat32 with 512byte cluster simpson don't start (stop on loading)

can anyone confirm???
I have just tried various combinations of cluster sizes and filesystems on my Kingston 4GB SDHC with AKAIO 1.5.1 and I can tell you nothing works for me, it still freezes/doesn't save... Too bad, I had my hopes up that this may be a fix...

guerrierodipace

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
random-passer-by said:
guerrierodipace said:

can anyone confirm???
I have just tried various combinations of cluster sizes and filesystems on my Kingston 4GB SDHC with AKAIO 1.5.1 and I can tell you nothing works for me, it still freezes/doesn't save... Too bad, I had my hopes up that this may be a fix...

sorry,also me tried,with 2gb card works changing cluster size but with 4gb no lucky also for me

Rinnon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This has been suggested before, but I just wanted to sign on here and share what has worked for me. (Again, nothing new, just saying it worked for me)

I ended up using AKAIO 1.6 RC2 and using the loader from Official Firmware 4.07a15 and it seems to work fine for me now. I have not tried Spirit Tracks, so I don't know if that will work. Probably not. But it worked for all the games that I DID have. I tried this same thing using OF 4.07 instead of using 4.07a15 and it DID NOT work. So I think using 4.07a15 makes a difference.

***What I did***

Grab the latest AKAIO firmware, currently 1.6 RC2 = http://normmatt.com/forum/
Grab Official Firmware 4.07a15 = http://filetrip.net/f2445-Acekard-2-Official-4-07a15.html
Take the file akmenu4.nds from OF 4.07a15 and copy it to /__aio/ak2loader/
Turn on Acekard and Navigate to a Game, Press Y Twice to open Properties
Switch the option "AK2 Loader" from "AKAIO" to "AKMENU4"
Hit Okay (A) and play game

Hopefully this is useful to someone.

random-passer-by

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nigeria
Rinnon said:
This has been suggested before, but I just wanted to sign on here and share what has worked for me. (Again, nothing new, just saying it worked for me)

I ended up using AKAIO 1.6 RC2 and using the loader from Official Firmware 4.07a15 and it seems to work fine for me now. I have not tried Spirit Tracks, so I don't know if that will work. Probably not. But it worked for all the games that I DID have. I tried this same thing using OF 4.07 instead of using 4.07a15 and it DID NOT work. So I think using 4.07a15 makes a difference.

***What I did***

Grab the latest AKAIO firmware, currently 1.6 RC2 = http://normmatt.com/forum/
Grab Official Firmware 4.07a15 = http://filetrip.net/f2445-Acekard-2-Official-4-07a15.html
Take the file akmenu4.nds from OF 4.07a15 and copy it to /__aio/ak2loader/
Turn on Acekard and Navigate to a Game, Press Y Twice to open Properties
Switch the option "AK2 Loader" from "AKAIO" to "AKMENU4"
Hit Okay (A) and play game

Hopefully this is useful to someone.

I was going to post the same suggestion
tongue.gif
I am using the exact same setup (1.6RC2 with official 4.07 loader) but there obviously isn't any difference in game compatibility, at least for me. Of course it is useful, because you can play older games properly AND have the functionality of AKAIO 1.6 at the same time.

At least this fact tells us that the issue doesn't lie directly in the firmware itself, it's the loader's version that makes difference.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the problem is a hardware change to the hw80 cards. they started to ship with this change around dec of 09. the new private beta of akaio works on them. we have all tested it. so the fix will be in the next public release. i have no idea why so many of you are using the official firmware in this thread. the official has not been updated for a long time. they rely on akaio, keep in mind that opensource loaders and firmware was the business plan of the acekard company. the official firmware has about an 80% compatibility. the beta testers for akaio have tested ever rom dump (yes EVERY SINGLE ROM) more than once. with akaio you have about a 99% compatibility with the occasional glitch or problem on new roms.

again... akaio works on all hw80 ak2.1s. the public release of this working firmware should be soon.

-another world

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the update aw - though it may take every shred of my will, and though it may fly in the face of all that is vital to a gbatemper, i will be patient and await this release.

duboisbrian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay so this just keep getting better

i had 3 acekard 2.1 that wouldn't load a game they would just freeze """"NOW"""" all of the sudden i test them again with 4.21 and they all work although im getting glitches in games

eg spiderman wont load the bottom screen so i cant play but it does load the bottom screen on my 2i and my 2.1 with firmware 4.15

so anyways non of this is making sense i don't know if somehow my 2.1 are fixed little worried if i sell them if they aren't fixed and there a bunch of bugs in games

but anyways i don't understand how all of the sudden they all load now

also i noticed the 4.21 that i re downloaded yesterday when creating save file its .nds.sav wasn't it just .sav i have nothing to compare to but i think that might have fixed the freezing issue or maybe im worng and was always .nds.sav but i don't understand how all of the sudden my card go past the loading screen but i dont think there fixed as there bugs in a ton of games now

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
I've made FW mix so every AK2 can run almost every game.
Implortant thing is even GTA CW pure rom works and wifi multiplayer works too.

There is no AK2 improvements like callendar, softreset, etc but works.

I bought my AK2 for 2 euro on allegro.pl, cheap and works.

masbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Another World said:
the new private beta of akaio works on them. we have all tested it. so the fix will be in the next public release.

this is great news, thanks to all involved. One clarification so I keep my eyes peeled on releases: Current latest release is 1.6 R2, which is the one private beta you test now on? 1.6 R3 or 1.7?

Cheers guys for cleaning up Acekard's mess

Canker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure what to believe any more, it's been 1/4 of a year and AceKard hasn't even admitted a problem. Chinese new year doesn't go on forever.

It's great if normmatt fixes AceKard's problem, but the total silence from the AceKard people makes it really, really hard to trust them now or ever. I thought AceKard had a reputation for their great support, and I wonder how they deserve it.

Yo-mama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
the problem is a hardware change to the hw80 cards. they started to ship with this change around dec of 09. the new private beta of akaio works on them.
-another world

April Fool's joke?

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Canker said:
I thought AceKard had a reputation for their great support, and I wonder how they deserve it.
Acekard never had reputation for great support...
Their popularity is only due to AKAIO wich has nothing to do with Acekard team.
It's AKAIO team who gives great support to that flashcart.

QUOTE(Yo-mama @ Apr 9 2010, 06:27 PM) April Fool's joke?
What Anotherworld said is true.
Don't you know that April fool's jokes don't last all month long ?
After the 1st it's not April fool's joke anymore, just a joke
wink.gif

Terrulin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
the problem is a hardware change to the hw80 cards. they started to ship with this change around dec of 09. the new private beta of akaio works on them. we have all tested it. so the fix will be in the next public release. i have no idea why so many of you are using the official firmware in this thread. the official has not been updated for a long time. they rely on akaio, keep in mind that opensource loaders and firmware was the business plan of the acekard company. the official firmware has about an 80% compatibility. the beta testers for akaio have tested ever rom dump (yes EVERY SINGLE ROM) more than once. with akaio you have about a 99% compatibility with the occasional glitch or problem on new roms.

again... akaio works on all hw80 ak2.1s. the public release of this working firmware should be soon.

-another world

The reason why we are using that version of the official loader is it is the only thing currently available that allows ever partial compatibility with what we currently have. I currently am using AKAIO alternate loader functionality to use 4.07 because that actually makes it usable even if it is not fully functional. And if a private beta is available that is fully functional, why cant a temporary alpha type build (with disclaimers saying things like only try this if you have a 2.1 that doesnt work with the other versions of AKAIO) be put out there for those people who are having difficulties ? I do not want to seem impatient, but if every one of the testers has tested it, and every HW80 is working, you'd think some sort of temporary thing could be put out until the powers that be deem it worthy of a more mainstream release.

McNA5TY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems that Acekard have released a new FW just for the HW80. I suppose that will do until the next public release of AKAIO, which I hope will be soon because this seems like a one-shot deal for Acekard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...