Acekard 2.1 Dark green pcb

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ThaDude, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009

Acekard 2.1 Dark green pcb by ThaDude at 9:17 PM (1,480 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ThaDude
    OP

Newcomer ThaDude Member

Canada
    Hey I just received my acekard 2.1 from dx and the pcb is dark green. Is this the newest one?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    does it have a bump under the sticker?

the original ak2s were fixed and restickered as the 2.1. these have a bump under the sticker and a lighter green pcb. the darker/forest green pcb is the 2.1 that came out before the black pcb. for awhile they both shipped at the same time. the finall version was the blue pcb.

-another world

3. ThaDude
    OP

Newcomer ThaDude Member

Canada
    It doesnt have a bump under the sticker, so mine isn't the newest one? I though DX were sending the newer ones. Mine is hold together with clips.

Edit: Also I'm new to this so I don't know where to start with my acekard. I read the forum and it talks about AKAIO (which I don't know what it is). For some reason, I can't go on the wiki. Just wanna know what to start like firmware and all that stuff.

4. Another World

Colombia
    ok its like this.

version 1) ak2 with the FAT error fix, rebranded as the 2.1, has a light green pcb and a bump under the sticker
    version 2) ak2.1 released with a forest green pcb
    version 3) ak2.1 released with a black pcb, new controller chip
    version 4) ak2.1 released with a blue pcb and smaller internal mem, new shell
    version 5) ak2.1 green/black rereleased with the new shell (uses glue and has no spring)

you seem to have the version2. i also have a few of those and they work just fine.

akaio is a homebrew firmware replacement made by two people who don't get paid for it. oddly enough it has better support, more options, better optimizations, more fixes, a recoded cheat engine, and you will see updates for its loaders as soon as a problem rom presents itself.

akaio wiki as text

akaio is recommended over the official any day of the year.

-another world

5. ThaDude
    OP

Newcomer ThaDude Member

Canada
    So all the pcb are the same just the color and the casing, and all I need is to install akaio 1.4.1 and I'm done?

6. Another World

Colombia
    no they are not all the same, but they will function in the same way.

please read the wiki (sorry its in text format), it will answer all of your akaio related questions.

-another world