Hacking Ace3ds plus refuses to update.

Yoshiatom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought an ace3ds plus card from here, and I've been trying to get it to work on my 3ds. When I do try to update it with a normal DS however, it tells me "Not a valid Cart". I don't know what's wrong; I got the ace3ds_fix_all.nds form the official site, and the back of my card looks like this:
Back of my ace3ds plus.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help! :nds:

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
probably you already have the latest firmware?
since it's old

"Latest patch for extremely strenghening the stability of the flashcard. All versions Ace3DS plus compatible. ------- 2013 / 01 / 22"

I doubt there's anyone in here using this cart
so, my best advice is, try to contact their support, if it's available.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
ace3ds plus is the same as a non upgradeable R4, you need to buy a flashcart that says it is supported on whatever your 3DS firmware.

ace3ds bootstrap (that is what gets the cart running on the handheld) IS NOT UPDATEABLE. Their use of the term "firmware" is the game manager.

eS0XIQL.png

ace3ds' website doesn't even list any bootstraps to download that you can use to update your cart.

Yoshiatom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's a pain. :(
I do have an R4I gold 2.0, is there an update for that to make it work on the latest 3ds firmware?

Epicenter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ace3DS Plus does appear to be upgradable (the on-chip flash, I mean, not the "wood"-ish software. I plugged mine into an NDSL and ran the .nds file they provide for the update, and it tells me my card is already up to date (card ver. 3.3, fw ver 2.2). I assume this is for updating it to run on later systems like DSi and 3DS. At any rate, my Ace3DS+ worked in the latest 3DS firmware (7.1.0-15 US) out of the 'box'. My card back doesn't quite look like yours however. Maybe yours is fake or mine is! Either way I'm having trouble getting it to run most NDS software, besides the emulators that came with it, the updater that I found on their site, and one game (Bangai-o Spirits). Weird!

Photo of the card front/back (note green PCB and no visible text)

Attachments

• Snapshot_20140204.JPG
    Snapshot_20140204.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 405

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ace3DS Plus does appear to be upgradable (the on-chip flash, I mean, not the "wood"-ish software. I plugged mine into an NDSL and ran the .nds file they provide for the update, and it tells me my card is already up to date (card ver. 3.3, fw ver 2.2). I assume this is for updating it to run on later systems like DSi and 3DS. At any rate, my Ace3DS+ worked in the latest 3DS firmware (7.1.0-15 US) out of the 'box'. My card back doesn't quite look like yours however. Maybe yours is fake or mine is! Either way I'm having trouble getting it to run most NDS software, besides the emulators that came with it, the updater that I found on their site, and one game (Bangai-o Spirits). Weird!

Photo of the card front/back (note green PCB and no visible text)
just got one with a green PCB like yours i have yet to try it on my 3ds but it has 3ds firm at 4.5 anyway, should work fine for me even if it is a clone, though i think they are just making several board revisions and will stop support of older ones as time goes on.
EDIT: pictures of the green PCB marked (i think) L-D

bdje.jpg

i3io.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hmmm for me it's probably F-Zero X at least in my top 3