Misc Accidentally made 2 3DS's the exact same

FarisMarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a N3DS XL recently and wanted to move all my data from my o3DS to my new one. However I didn't want everything from my o3DS to be reformatted. So what I did was back up the NAND on my o3DS before doing the data transfer then restored the NAND afterwards, creating 2 identical 3DS's. The problem is, Both 3DS's now share the same FC, NNID (which I removed, hopefully I did it fast enough before Nintendo noticed.), streetpass, etc. Will this cause any problems? Can I change my FC? Some reassurance/help would be great!

Reactions: Stealphie

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a N3DS XL recently and wanted to move all my data from my o3DS to my new one. However I didn't want everything from my o3DS to be reformatted. So what I did was back up the NAND on my o3DS before doing the data transfer then restored the NAND afterwards, creating 2 identical 3DS's. The problem is, Both 3DS's now share the same FC, NNID (which I removed, hopefully I did it fast enough before Nintendo noticed.), streetpass, etc. Will this cause any problems? Can I change my FC? Some reassurance/help would be great!
it dont really matter about it being on 2 3ds. The NNID eshop and games purchased from there are going to work on the system the NNID is supposed to be on....The one thats registered to nintendos servers. FC can only be changed if you reformat the console you want it chnaged on, but doing so you are going to lose anything else thats on said console.

FarisMarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it dont really matter about it being on 2 3ds. The NNID eshop and games purchased from there are going to work on the system the NNID is supposed to be on....The one thats registered to nintendos servers. FC can only be changed if you reformat the console you want it chnaged on, but doing so you are going to lose anything else thats on said console.

But which NNID would've it have been registered to? It was originally created on my o3DS, but since I did a system transfer does that make it registered on my new one now? I am able to get on the eShop and such so... Well I dont intend to play online with my o3DS now so I guess it's okay. I'll just let them have the same FC. What I'm really worried about is Nintendo finding out I had my NNID registered on two 3DS's for a couple minutes ^^;

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But which NNID would've it have been registered to? It was originally created on my o3DS, but since I did a system transfer does that make it registered on my new one now? I am able to get on the eShop and such so... Well I dont intend to play online with my o3DS now so I guess it's okay. I'll just let them have the same FC. What I'm really worried about is Nintendo finding out I had my NNID registered on two 3DS's for a couple minutes ^^;
Did you do a system transfer which included connecting to the internet to see if the transfer could be done? If yes, then the console you got the nnid on would be the new one. The new one will allow eshop access and the old one now will say the NNID is linked to a different console.

FarisMarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do a system transfer which included connecting to the internet to see if the transfer could be done? If yes, then the console you got the nnid on would be the new one. The new one will allow eshop access and the old one now will say the NNID is linked to a different console.
Yes I followed this guide.
Ah I see. Well that's good then! Thank you for that! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW...