Access games on used Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Icy Mike, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Icy Mike
    OP

Icy Mike Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Bought a used Wii U with a number of games on the console. However, the NNID associated is unlinked which disables the games on the console. I have the full games. Anyone figure out a way around having the NNID link?

2. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    check out the names and the birthdays of the miis if you can access those. maybe you can guess their password or something? lol

3. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    If you call nintendo and say you forgot the password, they might give you it.

4. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Yeah, either find a way to log into that NNID or wait until an exploit is released.

5. Icy Mike
    OP

Icy Mike Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    I tried with Nintendo but no dice. CM guy was trying super hard to help with having me stumble into an right answer. They even confirmed the account was still active on my console just not linked. That was 30+ games bought used, gone. The previous owner won't help. Hoping someone knows a way around.

6. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Only thing we can say now is to wait until the IOSU exploit is released in February and bring this up again, as it may then actually be possible to get around this issue.

Icy Mike likes this.
  7. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    If you have the dudes number try searching it in Facebook maybe he's dumb enough to have his number on his account. That way you could maybe get access to his birthday or other security type questions

8. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    LOL. If the seller advertised the console comes with those games, you can return the console or sue him. If you steal his account, he can sue you instead.

9. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    If it was bought off craigslist, that won't happen.
    Even if its not from craigslist, the cost of sueing over some games wouldn't even be worth it and you'd be laughed at.

And depending how the seller worded, if he did say it comes with those games. He didn't lie it did come with them.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  10. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Hey he said the console had games and it's true. He never said you could play them, though.

Saiyan Lusitano, Caseyfam and Cha0tic like this.
  11. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    Don't you guys see the main point is stealing others account is a serious crime? And no one will sell his console together with his account.

And it is common sense that if a console came with games, you should actually be able to play them.

Cha0tic and GalladeGuy like this.
  12. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    You could make a program to try and launch them by title id (there is a script on the forum for gecko somewhere), instead of using the home menu. Don't know it'd work or not.

Icy Mike likes this.
  13. Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2014
    There are some things that could be done

14. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Best chance is either to contact the seller or call Nintendo (just pretend you forgot about the password but make sure to know the Mii's nickname and stuff). These two or what @EclipseSin suggested.

15. Icy Mike
    OP

Icy Mike Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Bought on ebay. The games worked until someone deleted the miis and linked accounts. Tried contacting the seller to no avail. EBay can't help. Heck, the seller did their part.

Contacted nintendo several times. What I came away with is nintendo does not allow for selling of nnids or downloaded games,and that the nnid account holder would have to relink the accounts. SOL.

So I still have the games, purchased, but am looking for a work around. Still contacting the seller daily in hope.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Will try the program this weekend and report back. Thanks!

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.