Hacking Access Files in Ram Dumps?

KnightMario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to do this? The closest I've found is the CWAV Dumper, but that only gets sound files from it. Thanks in advance I guess.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Does anybody know how to do this? The closest I've found is the CWAV Dumper, but that only gets sound files from it. Thanks in advance I guess.

The application is open-sourced. If you know the header type, and where the bytes for the filesize are, you can modify the application to dump files as you need.

At this point, though, accessing files in the ram is almost useless now that a romfs can be decrypted.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't kept in the loop of 3DS rom hacking lately, but have any of the hackers we praise set their ego aside long enough to release any decryption tools or keys?

KnightMario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, as that game uses 7.X key encryption.

At least one group is capable of decrypting 7.X games - sm4sh has already been ripped apart ;)

I knew it used the new encryption, that's why I was double checking :P
Then there's smart people like you who can figure things out, unlike n00bs like me :P

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I've found Link's model file in a ram dump of skyward sword. but I just was able to find them because i know how the header of the files look like...
so in your case it's a bit harder.
If you're looking for 3d models i could suggest searching in the dump for index entries of a model like "hand" or "arm". That was the way I have found c. falcon's 3D model in f-zero gx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm