Homebrew Question About to start work on Switch confused...

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I worked on my Nintendo Wii U a year ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it, and now interested in jailbreaking my first switch. I just have a few questions that hopefully some of you would be generous enough to answer.

1. fuseegelee - I read that this is a new method that allows all firmware versions to be jailbroken. I heard from someone, that now there is some kind of a paperclip method. Do I need to do this paperclip method with the joycon rails, in order to use fuseegelee?

2. Are all the games out for the switch compatible with the homebrewed loaders, and can I just load games the way I did with a Nintendo WII U? What do I need to use to store the games, can I use a USB Drive or an SD Card?

That's pretty much it. It was an uphill battle learning everything with the WII U, so I don't supposed it'll come all at once, but I am willing to learn.

Last edited by Deko,

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
1. You can access RCM (needed to inject payloads) by buying any jig dongle on the Internet, they are basically everywhere. You can build one with a paperclip if you want too. I personally followed this video tutorial to make mine>
All firmware versions can be hacked, but only if you have a hackable switch... to determine if yours is patched or not try using this: https://ismyswitchpatched.com/
Only very old units are hackable. If your switch is patched there is currently nothing you can do to bypass that.

2. Yes, and no. You can download and install any game you want in your Micro SD, but you're never supposed to go online with a modified Switch unless you want to get banned. Some games are only playable online, some other games require you to have a Nintendo Account linked to play them, and linking a Nintendo Account to a modified Switch with NSPs (most used game format) installed is almost guaranteed to get you banned. (There are methods to link a fake account to play some games)

Dig around about Sysnand and Emunand concepts, which can be used to have a clean SO to play legally bought games and online while also having a SO with games you installed for "free" that you'll keep forever offline.
Also, dig around about Incognito or 90DNS to block your hacked system from connecting to any Nintendo server, so you're "safer" from getting banned.

PS: Follow this guide to learn about basically everything: https://switch.homebrew.guide

Last edited by Zkajavier,

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much guys, I thought that firmware was how you figured if its patched or not. Also, so the jig dongle method, is capable of hacking every firmware BUT not every Switch because some are patched. Am i correct in this? A bit confused about jig dongle vs fuseegelee, or are they the same thing? What's the purpose of the paperclip method?

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You'll need 3 things: A jig (this could be a paperclip but just buy a cheap jig), a payload and a non patched Switch (whatever firmware)

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well lord help me find an unpatched unit, cuz ive been checking on facebook, and I asked a chick yesterday what the serial number of her unit was, and she ran screaming thinking probably I want to do something melicious. I laughed my ass off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc