About the PSM Unity Dev Kit

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by CoyoteFey, Mar 7, 2016.

1. CoyoteFey
    OP

CoyoteFey Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    Been making mods for various games throughout the years with various engines. Figured I might go to the best place to get educated on this sort of thing. From what I understand, it's just a shrunken down version of the Unity 3D engine. If I'm wrong anywhere here I would prefer to be corrected and explained. Now if it is like Unity 3D, is there anything remotely different in terms of capabilities? I ask because I make my mods from scratch. I'm actually busy making Mines of Moria and Hogwarts for Battlefront II so far. If anyone would like screenshots of my progress with either I'm happy to provide when I'm done with them. The Vita was a handheld with amazing potential. I want to bring some life into this dying and already dead handheld. My plan is to port a few games through the engine and see what I can do from there. I've already gotten parts of San Andreas running through Zero so this shouldn't be a problem. Can't be any worse than trying to remake Mines of Moria.

Voxel likes this.
  2. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Finally, someone who wants to develop with Unity PSM! I've been looking for my kind for ages now! :lol:

I say go for it! The Vita is in need of soooooo much more non-weaboo games, and if we can produce more fan-made ports and original series with PSM Dev for Unity, then this could be really recognised and greatly praised, and more people would be willing to get <3.52 Vitas and try this stuff out!

Before I get even more giddy, are you also aware that PSM was discontinued last year?

3. romain337

romain337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    France
    Paris
    What is your remake of Mines of Moria ? Googling it with your nick doesn't get me any results :(

You port San Andreas ? You mean GTA San Andreas?

Unity games port? PSM was discontinued so idk if it is still possible to dev smth with the Unity PSM, appart to play with some hack it is almost useless. But it's just my point of view. I never heard about or searched for psm unity games.

Also for now I think it is not possible to mod native games. You can still dig informations about how to backup your games and eventually restore them.

4. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    There are ways to install a PSM Dev for Unity install package on 3.00-3.52, and then you only need to set up a PSM+ license and connect your Vita to the Unity PSM program on your PC, and you should be ready to develop! :D

Ah, and since the PSM dev portal got took down as well, I've had to go to the trouble of archiving every single download from there just in case people are wondering where to download them now... :P

5. CoyoteFey
    OP

CoyoteFey Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    A mod map for Battlefront II. You would have better luck searching through Steam's forums. It's not been a topic name so you would have to search through text. It was my first project and is still being worked on mainly due to my extensive plans for it. Simply put, I ripped the assets and such from Lord of the Rings: Conquest and ran it through. Had to make slight alterations but I'm still making those alterations. Writing an AI script for Durin's Bane and having to modify the skeleton of the rancor makes it annoyingly difficult. Its left arm keeps moving and attaching itself to its head for some reason.

As for San Andreas port. I didn't explain that well. I took things from San Andreas, remade them in Zero, and recreated parts of Grove Street. Mainly the vehicles and a few houses. Nothing too difficult.

Voxel likes this.