Status
Not open for further replies.

shinnyuuya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
2 days ago i just buy a new DS Lite (royal gold) with R4i3D(pink box). i just note that in the microsd it's have a folder called _RPG, _System_, _DS_MENU.DAT and sram-20110611063347.sav

I have some question about this card:

- is the file/folder above same as other R4? what the meaning about each file/folder?

- after several hour my save game has corrupted, wonder if the problem come from the R4i3D or the microSD's

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
shinnyuuya said:
2 days ago i just buy a new DS Lite (royal gold) with R4i3D(pink box). i just note that in the microsd it's have a folder called _RPG, _System_, _DS_MENU.DAT and sram-20110611063347.sav

I have some question about this card:

- is the file/folder above same as other R4? what the meaning about each file/folder?
every r4 clone has a different firmware structure, depending on what legit flashcart it was made from. In other words, there's no telling if it's similar to any other r4 or not. The _rpg folder seems like wood r4 firmware (an unofficial firmware for the original r4 and a few other clones). It would be easier to identify if you gave us the link of the website you got the kernel for it. Also, maybe a picture of how the menu of it looks like.

- after several hour my save game has corrupted, wonder if the problem come from the R4i3D or the microSD's
It might either be r4i3D's compatibility or a faulty micro SD card - most likely the SD card because it seems like it's wood r4 firmware (which is very reliable on compatibility). You can try formatting with the panasonic SD formatter and see if it gets better (remember to back-up everything in your micro SD card before formatting because it WILL delete everything in it). Also can be an issue on whether your ROM is clean or patched.
But here's something better you can do: get a better cart, such as acekard 2i, SuperCard DSTWO, or the r4i Gold DSN (from www.r4ids.cn).

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
1- Certain R$'s have the same files and folders, some don't.
_RPG has the kernel and skins and stuff. _System_ has the files to get the R4 kerenl working. _DS_MENU.DAT is a system file neccasary for the R4 to work and sram-20110611063347.sav I have no idea.
2- Format the SD card with the Panasonic SD formatter.

shinnyuuya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
the official web is here: www.r4i3d.com (my box get a puppy picture on it)
banner_39.jpg

here's the difference about the folder and files:
sch49.png

sch49.png

i didn't think for update because it's for dsi but i think the files and folder is completely different from my microsd by looking the themes

here's theme from the web:
img0463al.jpg

img0464aw.jpg

here's theme from store where i buy my ds:
img0465ap.jpg

img0466af.jpg

i think it's better to choose the OS from store because i can't load game using OS from web (the store theme and interface was better than the web)

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
shinnyuuya said:
banner_39.jpg

sch49.png

sch49.png

i didn't think for update because it's for dsi but i think the files and folder is completely different from my microsd by looking the themes

img0463al.jpg

img0464aw.jpg

img0465ap.jpg

img0466af.jpg

i think it's better to choose the OS from store because i can't load game using OS from web (the store theme and interface was better than the web)
I'm pretty sure the one from the web is an R4Ultra firmware, the firmware for R4Ultra looks exactly like that.
EDIT: And after checking the files, I can confirm the files from the R4Ultra firmware are the same as the ones in the web folder you showed as well.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
shinnyuuya said:
*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

I'm pretty sure the one from the web is an R4Ultra firmware, the firmware for R4Ultra looks exactly like that.
EDIT: And after checking the files, I can confirm the files from the R4Ultra firmware are the same as the ones in the web folder you showed as well.
The one that you say that has better interface - that's definitely wood r4. The only problem would be that it's outdated. The latest wood r4 is 1.31, while the one for r4i3D is 1.28.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please keep away from these shameless clones.

R4i3D has stolen wood from r4ids.cn. They follow r4ids.cn just the same as ak3 follow ak2.
There is no guantee that their wood will be updated continually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)