About Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Killaclown, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Killaclown
    OP

Killaclown GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway
    Hey, new to this forum and I am following the hype for what might be a gateway N3DS release! I have looked up mostly everything I need to know, as the N3DS will be my first ds device at all. The only thing I am wondering about is can the gateway at this time support more than 1 game per sd card? I will ship from a slightly outdated site as ds mods and the like is not very huge in Norway. http://www.modnet.no/gateway-3ds-no.html
    This site says it currently only supports 1 game per sd card but I tried to find new info and it seems like a new software update made it possible? I would also like to know if I can use this possibly outdated chip and then just download the new software on it, or would I be better off getting a newer one from somewhere else? Thanks for any replies :grog:

2. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    It supports more games per SD since late 2013, that site is way outdated

3. Killaclown
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway
    Yeah, glad it does. Thanks for the quick reply! Does all the new firmwares run on that old chip though, or would I need a newer one from somewhere else?

4. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    Yes yes, all updates for the Gateway itself run on every Gateway flashcards there aren't any revisions ;)

5. Killaclown
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway
    This is great news, as I am pretty new to modding consoles in general I wanted to make sure I didnt go in the completely wrong direction :wacko: Thanks for the replies guys, Guess its N3DS and gateway for me when I get back home :yay:

6. cdcdcd

cdcdcd Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    Only thing is that gateway doesn't work on the N3ds YET..

7. Killaclown
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway
    True, I should prob wait to see if this countdown going on has some truth to it or not before I buy ;-) Thanks :-)

8. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Please go to the GW site to get your answers, its all spelled out.

9. Thomas12345

Thomas12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    Also be aware that if/when GW does release support for new 3ds, it will not have 9.5 emunand support to begin with (in the future, GW may have 9.5 emunand support eventually but it will likely take a while, like months)