Hacking Able to Bypass 3DS Initial Setup Screen?

Yaseen Ahammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So my current situation is that my 3DS console's 3D slider isn't working and I am stuck in 3D mode (or somewhere in between), and I reset my 3DS without thinking, this has now resulted in me having to go through the setup screen and once I have selected my language, I am required to "move the 3D slider all the way up". Here's the problem; the slider is all the way up and yet the setup is not detecting this, moving the slider down does not switch off the 3D at all and so it can be presumed that the 3D slider is not working.

I was wondering since I can't alter the 3D settings, is there a way I can flash a custom firmware or something that doesn't require this initial 3D setup so I can finally use my 3DS again?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME IT'S POSSIBLE! :'(

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably going to need more info to help you. I'm not the expert, but there are plenty here. ^_^

Was your 3DS modified before? Did it have a9lh or menuhax on it before you reset it? Was it just stock?

I would think that, if you had a9, especially, you could restore an (emu)nand backup and just pick up from there.

If there isn't a soft method, your only option is likely to crack it open and fix the switch somehow.

Yaseen Ahammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, thanks for the help!

umm, to be quite honest with you, I'm not too sure myself whether my console is modded or not. I did buy it second hand. Any way to know for sure?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my current situation is that my 3DS console's 3D slider isn't working and I am stuck in 3D mode (or somewhere in between), and I reset my 3DS without thinking, this has now resulted in me having to go through the setup screen and once I have selected my language, I am required to "move the 3D slider all the way up". Here's the problem; the slider is all the way up and yet the setup is not detecting this, moving the slider down does not switch off the 3D at all and so it can be presumed that the 3D slider is not working.

I was wondering since I can't alter the 3D settings, is there a way I can flash a custom firmware or something that doesn't require this initial 3D setup so I can finally use my 3DS again?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME IT'S POSSIBLE! :'(
Do you have Arm9loaderhax? If not you will have to either keep messing with the slider and hope it works, open it up and see if the slider is broken, and if it is replace it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, thanks for the help!

umm, to be quite honest with you, I'm not too sure myself whether my console is modded or not. I did buy it second hand. Any way to know for sure?
Hold select on boot does anything happen?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You need to repair that, it will be the slider or the upper screen most probably, you can send it to Nintendo to repair or to a particular.
Sadly you can"t bypass it, the only console that don"t need it is the 2DS because there isn"t a 3D Slider or 3D in it at all.

Yaseen Ahammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have Arm9loaderhax? If not you will have to either keep messing with the slider and hope it works, open it up and see if the slider is broken, and if it is replace it.

Hold select on boot does anything happen?

:'( nothing happens, I take it that it's not modded then.

Yaseen Ahammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to repair that, it will be the slider or the upper screen most probably, you can send it to Nintendo to repair or to a particular.
Sadly you can"t bypass it, the only console that don"t need it is the 2DS because there isn"t a 3D Slider or 3D in it at all.

Just saw the Nintendo Repair Service page and it seems I'm not eligible since I bought the device second hand. Surely, there must be another way :(. If only Nintendo released an update which didn't require the 3D check during the initial setup.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to repair it. It's pretty easy.

You really can't continue using the 3DS unless you repair it or get a hardmod and flash a NAND backup.
If you have a9lh, just flash a NAND backup.

Yaseen Ahammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not giving up just yet, there must be some sort of software hack available.
Just open it and re seat the slider cable and see if it works again you might as well seeing as someone is gonna have to do it at some point

From the youtube tutorials I've seen, it seems like so many steps just to get to the top screen (the whole of the motherboard must be removed). Also in the tutorial, there was no handling of the 3D slider at all once the person had removed the top screen. Any help?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... what does that do? Why haven't I heard of it before?
it boots whatever game is in the slot on boot

I'm not giving up just yet, there must be some sort of software hack available.

From the youtube tutorials I've seen, it seems like so many steps just to get to the top screen (the whole of the motherboard must be removed). Also in the tutorial, there was no handling of the 3D slider at all once the person had removed the top screen. Any help?
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+Teardown/5029

The speaker assembly ribbon cable also contains the 3D field of view adjustment slider and the dual camera status LED.

Yaseen Ahammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then you need to repair it.
Meanwhile you can use games compatibles with your Firmware by holding the A, B, X, Y, and R buttons.

I have heard of this method before. I do have a 3DS R4 card but when using those button combos upon start up, nothing happens. I feel soo close to getting past this damned 3D screen. If only by some miracle my console would just get past this screen.

it boots whatever game is in the slot on boot

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+Teardown/5029

The speaker assembly ribbon cable also contains the 3D field of view adjustment slider and the dual camera status LED.

The screws I remove from the bottom casing are the same size as all the other screws I will need to remove internally (will one screw driver do the whole job of removing all the internal screws?)?

EDIT: never mind, it's literally stated within the first few lines of the site you linked me to. Excuse my ignorance.

Last edited by Yaseen Ahammed,

Exavold

eeh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same issue with the sound slider , It's just not working.

Was still able to install a9lh etc.. though ^^

I wish there was a homebrew or tool of some kind to "manage" sound.

Yaseen Ahammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same issue with the sound slider , It's just not working.

Was still able to install a9lh etc.. though ^^

I wish there was a homebrew or tool of some kind to "manage" sound.

Lucky lucky!! aHHH, its driving me crazy. I feel like I shouldn't be completely stopped from using my 3DS console just because of some simple screen prompt. Nintendo pls help meh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol