Gaming ABGX360

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are they still releasing 360 games? after my hdd died, I haven't added any new games nor kept track. this is an external hdd. ;) I was able to salvage all xbla games since they were on another external hdd, and I kept all dlc and indie games on my internal hdd. I've since backed up those hdds. the point being - losing hdd made me lose interest in the system. using discs seems preferable now just like my entire ps2 collection. I think discs have a shelf life of around a century, so unless they're scratched badly, they'll probably outlast an hdd. and, of course, you only lose that one game instead of a collection of games. this is why I haven't soft modded my ps2 (only hard modded with matrix infinity). my entire "backup" collection there is around 300 discs. :D

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
are they still releasing 360 games? after my hdd died, I haven't added any new games nor kept track. this is an external hdd. ;) I was able to salvage all xbla games since they were on another external hdd, and I kept all dlc and indie games on my internal hdd. I've since backed up those hdds. the point being - losing hdd made me lose interest in the system. using discs seems preferable now just like my entire ps2 collection. I think discs have a shelf life of around a century, so unless they're scratched badly, they'll probably outlast an hdd. and, of course, you only lose that one game instead of a collection of games. this is why I haven't soft modded my ps2 (only hard modded with matrix infinity). my entire "backup" collection there is around 300 discs. :D

That's false.

Optical media suffers from discrot.
Recordable media even more.

Harddrives are generally a better solution for cold storage as the only factors affecting the harddrive at that point is demagnetizing platters (which shouldn't occur that soon, I had harddrives from PC's from the early 90's that are still in perfect working order with all the data intact)

If you're really careful about your data, you'd backup the data twice and inspect the data regularly, copying it to a fresh medium after X amount of years.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm the backup king! :D based on my experience, hdds just don't last. my latest failed drive died within a year of purchasing it. I've had a ps3, 360, and wii hdd die within the span of a few years. I definitely don't have one from the 90s.

Sn4k3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
On team-xecuter forums they seems to be find a fix altering the .ini file, but people still getting problems to connect to database. Who wants to get fresh news i recommend to visit they thread because abgx360 homepage is aparently dead.
By the way it doesn't work for me either and abgx still offline.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm the backup king! :D based on my experience, hdds just don't last. my latest failed drive died within a year of purchasing it. I've had a ps3, 360, and wii hdd die within the span of a few years. I definitely don't have one from the 90s.

Either you don't take good care of your drives or you got shit drives.
Besides, why do you think people make digital copies of CDs/DVDs?

thebestname21422

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On team-xecuter forums they seems to be find a fix altering the .ini file, but people still getting problems to connect to database. Who wants to get fresh news i recommend to visit they thread because abgx360 homepage is aparently dead.
By the way it doesn't work for me either and abgx still offline.
Wym homepage is not dead, They are having problems with the software using SSL encryption someone got around it by doing some voodoo shit with reverse proxying there localhost or something idk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either you don't take good care of your drives or you got shit drives.
Besides, why do you think people make digital copies of CDs/DVDs?

actually, I think it's one of two things: either they died from nonuse (don't play any of those systems); or, the sabrent enclosures I put them in are pos. I used to put every drive I bought into a sabrent enclosure. I liked how they looked and the fact that they were interchangeable.

I co take very good care of my drives. I take good care of everything I own. it even stresses me out when I accidentally nudge something. ;)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
actually, I think it's one of two things: either they died from nonuse (don't play any of those systems); or, the sabrent enclosures I put them in are pos. I used to put every drive I bought into a sabrent enclosure. I liked how they looked and the fact that they were interchangeable.

I co take very good care of my drives. I take good care of everything I own. it even stresses me out when I accidentally nudge something. ;)

The harddrive in me lappy (that's on 24/7) is almost 7 years old, has almost 60K hours on it, and terabytes upon terabytes data written still is going strong.
No errors no nothing.
It's been with me throughout everywhere in Europe, laptop has had its fair share of sudden shocks and padded drops in me lappy bag.
Interesting thing tho, it's a Seagate Hybrid drive.

I have to admit that I'm far to lazy to replace the drive (got to reinstall everything) but I tend to swap HDDs after 5 years for new ones.
To prevent drive failure (even tho it can happen to new drives) and platter magnetic degradation.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the drive that failed after one year, I got a replacement for since the warranty was two years. I placed that in a different enclosure to house a backup of my ps3's internal hdd, some of my backup ps4 pkgs, and a copy of a disk image of my laptop. so far, it's had no issues. I wasn't aware that the active hours could go that high. the highest one, for the six drives I have connected to my hdd, is somewhere between 20 and 30,000 hours.

I purchased a 10TB hdd yesterday, and it should be here tomorrow. I plan to retire and possibly sell my other hdds...at least after I buy a second 10TB hdd. I want to make sure I have two backups of everything first. :D

Sn4k3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wym homepage is not dead, They are having problems with the software using SSL encryption someone got around it by doing some voodoo shit with reverse proxying there localhost or something idk

I said the homepage is dead because they even post something informing us about the problems, all the info about the maintence on program/server is on their forums, the last news on homepage is from 2014. And by our surprise isn't a simple problem, is something wrong on the source code apparently as they said. Let's hope a new revision is released soon, almost two weeks down and i have a lot of .isos to patch. :unsure:

markeyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I said the homepage is dead because they even post something informing us about the problems, all the info about the maintence on program/server is on their forums, the last news on homepage is from 2014. And by our surprise isn't a simple problem, is something wrong on the source code apparently as they said. Let's hope a new revision is released soon, almost two weeks down and i have a lot of .isos to patch. :unsure:
Short update. -- We can't enable SSLv3 as this would allow the server to except POODLE attacks.

So we are done to to options, updating the source code to handle TLS and proper https:// handshake.

Or setting up a 'reverse proxy' on another server box that redirects to secure site.

No ETA on those fixes, but its been worked on and i hope to solve it once and for all by upcoming weekend.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the drive that failed after one year, I got a replacement for since the warranty was two years. I placed that in a different enclosure to house a backup of my ps3's internal hdd, some of my backup ps4 pkgs, and a copy of a disk image of my laptop. so far, it's had no issues. I wasn't aware that the active hours could go that high. the highest one, for the six drives I have connected to my hdd, is somewhere between 20 and 30,000 hours.

I purchased a 10TB hdd yesterday, and it should be here tomorrow. I plan to retire and possibly sell my other hdds...at least after I buy a second 10TB hdd. I want to make sure I have two backups of everything first. :D

Ew, USB harddrives.
Never been a fan of those things as I somewhat don't trust the USB connection.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ew, USB harddrives.
Never been a fan of those things as I somewhat don't trust the USB connection.

yeah, the 750GB internal hdd of my ps3 and the 1TB hdd of my 360 - I've never had any issues. though, I did copy everything from them to a couple of external hdds. hdd failure is the reason I have all these external drives plugged in at once. I figure the drives that died did so from nonuse.

Dastugatz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there - i wanted to confirm if you can still manually patch an item ? - if so, once you follow the patching directions and you complete the process - the instructions mention running the process again with default settings. Is this needed?

thank you.

Last edited by Dastugatz,

thebestname21422

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there - i wanted to confirm if you can still manually patch an item ? - if so, once you follow the patching directions and you complete the process - the instructions mention running the process again with default settings. Is this needed?

thank you.
Would also love to know this as I have a friends console at my house waiting for ISO mods lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2