Hacking A9LH questions

joemama1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, but think of it this way...
If you use emuNAND and your SD card died, you loose everything you had done and would have to start again, at least this way you will still keep some things.

Yeah, but if my SD Card died, my 3DS can still boot (still usable to play regular cartridges games).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

of course no.....
when you get a new sd card, and place arm9loaderhax.bin back into it.
it's alive again

What happens if you lost your arm9loaderhax.bin (hard drive failure, and no backup)? Is the 3DS completely useless now?

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
What happens if you lost your arm9loaderhax.bin (hard drive failure, and no backup)? Is the 3DS completely useless now?
It will be useless but only until you get a working SD for it. It's not a brick, you just need some A9LH payload on SD for it to work.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq

i hope that about 300mb space is enough for the updates cias.. XD i am testing a9lh on my og3ds which has only 4gig.

need to have both emu/sysnand backups in the sd card for the procedure. it is installing the cias now .. mmm i guess i am half way done.. this is long but i like modding so its fun.

( but i would be afraid to use this on my n3dsXL , wouldnt want to mess it up. also i think i wouldnt be able to use GW emuNAND with a9lh)

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS not being able to boot without an SD card as a result of A9LH is both a minor con and a minor pro. Yes, it means you absolutely must have an SD card inserted with an A9LH payload, but the 3DS's usability without one is bad anyway, SD cards are everywhere, and it means you are 100% guaranteed a CFW environment that can presumably protect itself.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Did you do this on a n3ds(xl)? I am thinking about doing it but don't know that I want to take the risk.

done this on my OG, i am thinking of doing it on my n3ds as well.

imo. it is worth it, feels so much faster and plus it is 100% bootrate feels natural and well i would recommend it.

i am not allowed to link yt videos i guess? but i would suggest you to watch it once and then the 2nd time to do the process while watching the video.

the only thing that keeps me from having trying it on my n3ds atm. is that i have to many games installed on my n3ds. and i am too lazy to back up the whole stuff.

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
done this on my OG, i am thinking of doing it on my n3ds as well.

imo. it is worth it, feels so much faster and plus it is 100% bootrate feels natural and well i would recommend it.

i am not allowed to link yt videos i guess? but i would suggest you to watch it once and then the 2nd time to do the process while watching the video.

the only thing that keeps me from having trying it on my n3ds atm. is that i have to many games installed on my n3ds. and i am too lazy to back up the whole stuff.
Thanks for the information. I have a spare sd card to do the process on but I just keep thinking I will brick. I might do it this weekend when I have time.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Thanks for the information. I have a spare sd card to do the process on but I just keep thinking I will brick. I might do it this weekend when I have time.

youtube Mr Mario < he has made a great tut. video on A9LH. watch and it will be much easier than it appears.

Reactions: Wire

Shuttleu

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got it on my n3dsxl with about 40gb of games installed. The data doesn't get touched so you shouldn't need to worry about backing up the sd, just the nands.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I've got it on my n3dsxl with about 40gb of games installed. The data doesn't get touched so you shouldn't need to worry about backing up the sd, just the nands.

awesome, please read my post above or so , it is my only concern having to copy my content and recopying more than once etc. which is hassly for me.

like i would not mind if i had to first backup < and then later on after the process copying my content back in. ( in the video guide i watched , he first replaces the Nintendo folder, then after the otp file came in use, he then deleted the whole mSD content. so i was like okaaay? so this means i have to re-copy my nintendo folder which contains about 40gb size XD)

so i dont have to re-copy ?

Shuttleu

Trophies
XP
Country
awesome, please read my post above or so , it is my only concern having to copy my content and recopying more than once etc. which is hassly for me.

like i would not mind if i had to first backup < and then later on after the process copying my content back in. ( in the video guide i watched , he first replaces the Nintendo folder, then after the otp file came in use, he then deleted the whole mSD content. so i was like okaaay? so this means i have to re-copy my nintendo folder which contains about 40gb size XD)

so i dont have to re-copy ?
Nope, don't touch anything in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and you'll be fine

Reactions: leonmagnus99

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I finishing the OTP thing and going to setting up a9lh, have a few question and will do it here since people see to understand it alot.

1 - I'm doing it on my stantard 4gb SD card, how do I change it to another one after it is done?

2 - Some people boot into sysnand and others still boot into emunand even this tutorial saying you will not need emunad anymore, so what is the matter? -> https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

3 - Almost same as above, keep or dont keep sysnand on low version after a9lh??

Edit:

4 - tutorial also uses cakesFW, any reason I should favor other cfw???

Last edited by gkoelho,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I finishing the OTP thing and going to setting up a9lh, have a few question and will do it here since people see to understand it alot.

1 - I'm doing it on my stantard 4gb SD card, how do I change it to another one after it is done?

2 - Some people boot into sysnand and others still boot into emunand even this tutorial saying you will not need emunad anymore, so what is the matter? -> https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

Edit:

i believe you would only have to copy the whole content of your 4gig mSD into your new one.
as for its emuNAND maybe you will have to use that emuNAND tool, to export your emuNAND thats on the 4gig and then inject it into your new mSD.

Shuttleu

Trophies
XP
Country

Edit:

Just copy he files from one SD to the new one

As for emunand, I don't bother with it anymore, just use sysnand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1