Visual Studio

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to get everything done perfect for A9LH but for some reason as soon as I installed the hardmod the left speaker and volume control don't work along with the left joystick. Is there a common cause for this kind of behavior or am I just out of luck?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did you maybe damage something while performing your hardmod? ripped off some ribbon cables or splattered some of that soldering stuff? i mean, this definitely sounds like a hardware issue

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try having the back off, holding the battery and applying pressure to the top of each respective clip holding the ribbons in place, and checking the various things which were previously broken.

If they work whilst pressure is being applied but not otherwise, cutting a small piece of paper and placing it under the ribbon in the clip should raise it up enough to touch the contacts.

Other possibilities:
  • You put the ribbon cable in upside down, go put it rightside up as intended now?
  • You broke the ribbon cables, there's a few ways to you can attempt to repair them, but it's very hard. (You'd be better off just buying the replacement parts.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.