Hacking A9LH + Luma to SDLess

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everybody.
In April I decided to install in my OLD 3ds xl a9lh + luma only with a sysnand and I'm interested to boot my console without the sd. I've notice that I only have to copy arm9loaderhax.bin from luma to CTRNand partition with FBI, eject de SD and reconfigure luma. But I have some questions.

If a new (or nighty) version of luma is compiled I only have to put on the SD or in CTRNand or in both?
If luma update must be also on ctrnand: is there any updater that update on both sides:?
Can I delete arm9loaderhax.bin from the sd with this method?

And extra question :P
What A9LH update mean? Should I update it? I didn't know a9lh need updates :blink:

Thanks for all. :)

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide here. Click the "Updating A9LH" link at the top.

Also, use LumaUpdater.

You can only do SD-less booting if you don't set an emuNAND to load by default. Has to load a sysNAND, I think. You can set this by powering on while holding the Start button. The guide explains what the options do.

Reactions: umbjolt

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody.
In April I decided to install in my OLD 3ds xl a9lh + luma only with a sysnand and I'm interested to boot my console without the sd. I've notice that I only have to copy arm9loaderhax.bin from luma to CTRNand partition with FBI, eject de SD and reconfigure luma. But I have some questions.

If a new (or nighty) version of luma is compiled I only have to put on the SD or in CTRNand or in both? I would only put it on sd card
If luma update must be also on ctrnand: is there any updater that update on both sides:? You can't update ctrnand atm
Can I delete arm9loaderhax.bin from the sd with this method? You should leave it their

And extra question :P
What A9LH update mean? Should I update it? I didn't know a9lh need updates :blink: Yes you should update it as it adds sdless and bigger payloads

Reactions: umbjolt
D

Deleted User

The last update to A9lh was November 3rd so you should be good for awhile.You can also check luma updater to see If luma goes past 6.6.If you have 6.6 you should have the latest version.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH doesn't need updates, but updates can improve it, such as the latest release adding the capability to read a payload from the NAND.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
A9LH doesn't need updates, but updates can improve it, such as the latest release adding the capability to read a payload from the NAND.
This statement is fault when the users use some unofficial build such as experiment SDless which has TWL Firm problem.
But, I agree with you that users should update only when it's important. Since one update means you loss one NAND writing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That was scary just had a half a second power flash