Hacking A9LH Guide Update - Discussion

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
system settings -> other settings -> system update

it's not that confusing. it probably does on the surface, but it's overall much easier + safer + faster.

emunand/rednand is no longer used for any part of the guide, instead everything happens entirely on sysnand (which is possible due to the new CTRNAND-based method).
Oh,it's new method?
Interesting,what is it?
Is there a page or thread for it(except for this)?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ihaveahax,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
you can always take a look at the steps (most importantly Part 2 - 2.1.0 ctrtransfer)

or technical details: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4zhe4a/

it involves a pre-build 2.1 CTRNAND image, which is used with Decrypt9 to downgrade sysnand directly to 2.1 safely. it's almost impossible for something to go wrong in most cases.
What the advantage of this over a9lh ?
I already have a9lh so i don't need it?
also I still have 3ds on 9.2 sysnand and 10.7 luma3ds emunand,from where should i start in this guide for that 3ds?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also I still have 3ds on 9.2 sysnand and 10.7 luma3ds emunand,from where should i start in this guide for that 3ds?
this is actually the new process of setting up a9lh.

for the non-a9lh system, you would start on part 1 as usual.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just started prepping to install A9LH to my little bro's 3ds (I like to have all of the files downloaded and organized by step and how they would go into the SD before I start) And holy crap all of the files needed are in total under 1GB. Meaning you could potentially do this on the standard 4GB card if it doesn't have a very many apps installed without having to constantly move backups around because of space limitations.

It's the same A9LH, it's just a new method of installing it. So if you already have A9LH this won't affect you until you want to install it again on a new system.

ztw2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide and got to this step,
Section VI - Finalizing setup
  1. Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already)
    • If you copied a firmware.bin to /luma/ earlier, delete it after updating or you won't be able to boot
  2. Open Health and Safety (which is now FBI)
I updated my Old 3DS to sys 11.0.0-33U and injected FBI to H&S to sysnand, but it just a regular health and safety app when I open it. Can someone please help me.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide and got to this step,
Section VI - Finalizing setup
  1. Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already)
    • If you copied a firmware.bin to /luma/ earlier, delete it after updating or you won't be able to boot
  2. Open Health and Safety (which is now FBI)
I updated my Old 3DS to sys 11.0.0-33U and injected FBI to H&S to sysnand, but it just a regular health and safety app when I open it. Can someone please help me.
That means you either didn't properly inject FBI using univeral inject generator, or you injected the wrong file from Hourglass9

ztw2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means you either didn't properly inject FBI using univeral inject generator, or you injected the wrong file from Hourglass9

I dumped the H&S app from sysnand using Hourglass9 then created the FBI_inject_with_banner.app using Universal Inject Generator tool and injected back to sysnand. I have no idea what I did wrong here.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
this is actually the new process of setting up a9lh.

for the non-a9lh system, you would start on part 1 as usual.
But starting from part 1 means i must get rid of my emunand,all my legit games and other stuff on it,should i backup my emunand first? or should i use the old method?

Ljransom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have any idea on this ? I've tried everything I can and have searched all through the internet and can't see anyone with the same issue which is odd. Could it perhaps be my SD card ?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But starting from part 1 means i must get rid of my emunand,all my legit games and other stuff on it,should i backup my emunand first? or should i use the old method?
no, nothing said you have to get rid of it. if the system has no a9lh, just start from part 1 as usual, and do everything on sysnand.

at the end, you could do https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND to move emunand to sysnand and format the SD card to remove emunand.

Ljransom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I really need some help. The browser exploit just isn't working for me. I've entered all the urls and I just get launcher.dat loading and it doesn't proceed, how long should it take? I've checked I've done everything correctly and followed l troubleshooting such as clearing data. I've been at this for 2 days with no luck, im completely stuck. I have the original 3ds on firmware 4.5.0. Any help would be appreciated. Please excuse me im quite new to this. Thank you

Update: on one link I get an error has occurred please restart the system. Tried everything :(

Apologies this is what I'm still struggling with. Almost ready to throw the towel In.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone have any idea on this ? I've tried everything I can and have searched all through the internet and can't see anyone with the same issue which is odd. Could it perhaps be my SD card ?

Care to elaborate?

PLEASE... (I might be loosing faculties 'cause I don't have a clue)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I really need some help. The browser exploit just isn't working for me. I've entered all the urls and I just get launcher.dat loading and it doesn't proceed, how long should it take? I've checked I've done everything correctly and followed l troubleshooting such as clearing data. I've been at this for 2 days with no luck, im completely stuck. I have the original 3ds on firmware 4.5.0. Any help would be appreciated. Please excuse me im quite new to this. Thank you

Update: on one link I get an error has occurred please restart the system. Tried everything :(
Apologies this is what I'm still struggling with. Almost ready to throw the towel In.
what's the full system version (4.5.0-???)?

Ljransom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Just started prepping to install A9LH to my little bro's 3ds (I like to have all of the files downloaded and organized by step and how they would go into the SD before I start) And holy crap all of the files needed are in total under 1GB. Meaning you could potentially do this on the standard 4GB card if it doesn't have a very many apps installed without having to constantly move backups around because of space limitations.

It's the same A9LH, it's just a new method of installing it. So if you already have A9LH this won't affect you until you want to install it again on a new system.
The old method could be done with 4GB [1GB needed for emunand + 1GB to create a backup of it]; the new method could be done with 2GB

Anyone with an emunand - I guess the desired nand to keep after a9lh is emunand; so the first step would be backing that up to restore over sysnand after installing a9lh. Or you could use both sys/emunand after setting up a9lh

Last edited by HyperT,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes they are on the root. I've formatted my card and started from scratch several times. Does it matter that I've saved the link as a bookmark and loading it that way or should I type this in manually each time ?

Do you have a "files9" folder also on SD root?

Is the Firmware untouched? (did you ever did anything to it)

So i have a n3ds with reiNAND(newest one) and sysNAND 9.2. Where would I start with this guide?
Here for N3DS/O3DS:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)

Last edited by cravas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt