A9lh advice for noobs

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Texascfdad, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Texascfdad
    OP

Texascfdad Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    United States
    Hopefully this post helps some noobs trying to install a9lh and cuts down on the "help I think I bricked" posts.
    If you're noob, don't hack right away. Don't do it. Stalk the forums for a week or 2 first. Read all the posts where people are having trouble. Gather all the information you can so you have good idea what other noobs are running into so that when or if it happens to you, you don't panic. Read read read. Every post I've seen had the same problems, they forget a step. I've done 4 consoles and have missed a step on 2 of them but did not panic and and reread and new what I missed.
    Read the Bible 3ds.guide. follow every step to the letter. It only takes about an hour to do and you can not brick if you follow the guide. Read every step twice before you do it. I like many people are visual learners. So if you must, watch a YouTube video on it as REFERENCE ONLY. make sure the video was uploaded very recently picked in the past week or 2 and that the video follows the guide at 3ds.guide. But ultimately FOLLOW THE GUIDE, not the video. The video should be for general visual reference only.
    Do this and you should not have any issues. Educate yourself before jumping into something.

TLDR; read forums for a week or 2 before hacking. FOLLOW THE GUIDE!!! step by step read it many times before attempting. 3ds.guide

Last edited by Texascfdad, Jan 14, 2017
    emuashui likes this.
  2. FTRBND

FTRBND waifu

Apr 3, 2016
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    _____________ Dex: Complete
    This.
    Or simply make sure you post in the Noob Questions Thread to not flood the forum.

3. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    this is me

4. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    You should correct that, lol.

BADDINOROX99, Texascfdad and Hyoretsu like this.
  5. Texascfdad
    OP

Texascfdad Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    United States
    Fixed that. Although it takes the humor out of the post

Skyshadow101 likes this.
  6. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    I'll keep it in my quote, just for safe-keeping. :P

Texascfdad likes this.
  7. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Rule 1 never follow YouTube videos,only use them as visual reference for like if you have no idea what it looks like to be in the decrypt9 menu.

8. Texascfdad
    OP

Texascfdad Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    United States
    Exactly what I meant. Visual reference only. Ultimately FOLLOW the Bible word for word.