A9L and cias

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Plaguereign, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Plaguereign
    OP

Plaguereign Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    Hey people. i am having an issue where I cannot get any cias to install after installing A9L. HBL will boot when holding the R key, but FBI wont allow cias to be installed. I have tried using miniPasta for its patches with no luck. FBI stops at the yellow screen and locks up the console. Any help would be appreciated. N3DS, NAND is 9.2, emuNAND is 10.6, and region is US. Everything worked great prior to A9L including a 75% boot rate with rxtools. It currently boots by default into AuReiNand 3.5.3. I have tried creating the title.db file as suggested in the FBI thread. Didn't help.
    Thanks in advance!

2. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    So you're trying to install CIAs to sysnand? Try holding L instead of R on boot.

Plaguereign likes this.
  3. Plaguereign
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    L just nets me a black screen. I want the cias on the SD, but cant install anything cause I can't get the programs in HBL to work properly. I dunno if I am doing something wrong, but I am willing to try anything. And thanks for the reply.

4. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    That's because your in emunand. You have to inject fbi into h&s in emunand via decrypt9 in sysnand.

Plaguereign likes this.
  5. Plaguereign
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    Decrypt9 wont launch since A9L is in.

6. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Your options at this point are:
    • Install FBI to sysnand and then clone sysnand to emunand (quick solution but you lose what's in your emunand)
    • Downgrade emunand to 9.2 using sys updater, install FBI, then update again (long winded solution but preserves what's in emunand)

Plaguereign likes this.
  7. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Holding L gets you a black screen because you don't have firmware90.bin in your rei folder. Extract it from the FIRM archive in the folder labeled A9LH. Then holding L while booting should get you into sysNAND that works with Decrypt9

Plaguereign likes this.
  8. Plaguereign
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    This worked like a charm. Thanks for pointing out my screw up. I was able to get into gateway, launch devmenu and install bigbluebox. Thanks to everyone that replied. Hope this also helps someone else.

Zidapi likes this.