Hacking A9hl problems with Gba/R4

Ponce123`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently (like a couple days ago) installed A9HL onto my N3ds and am currently on 11.0. The problem that I had was that when I tried playing Gba games i installed using FBI they would just go to a black screen. I also found the same problem to happen when I try using my R4I RTS card. I'm not sure what the problem is as i also have a O3ds with a9hl that boots both GBA and the flashcart perfectly. Any help would be appreciated.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently (like a couple days ago) installed A9HL onto my N3ds and am currently on 11.0. The problem that I had was that when I tried playing Gba games i installed using FBI they would just go to a black screen. I also found the same problem to happen when I try using my R4I RTS card. I'm not sure what the problem is as i also have a O3ds with a9hl that boots both GBA and the flashcart perfectly. Any help would be appreciated.
What cfw are you using?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip
Help him instead of being an ass hat.

Are you using luma and or a boot manager? If so you need to use the path changer.

Ponce123`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the agb and twl patches enabled?
Im not sure what those are i know i checked off an option in the luma settings that mentions agb.
Help him instead of being an ass hat.

Are you using luma and or a boot manager? If so you need to use the path changer.
also im using luma and i have bootanim9 if that helps

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Does it work if Bootanim9 is disabled? And have you turned off developer mode in Luma settings?

-snip-
Nice first post, kid. Read the rules, or you'll be banned in no time.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have a luma.bin is it the same as arm9loaderhax.bin that was what was in the luma.zip i downloaded
If you are using a bootanim9 then you will need to use the path changer from luma. My arm9loaderhax.bin is named Luma3ds.bin and its in a folder called a9lh so i put \a9lh\Luma3DS.bin in the pathchanger and gba and dsi games work fine. So just do what I did but use where it is located on your sd card and ofc use the name you have for it.

Ponce123`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using a bootanim9 then you will need to use the path changer from luma. My arm9loaderhax.bin is named Luma3ds.bin and its in a folder called a9lh so i put \a9lh\Luma3DS.bin in the pathchanger and gba and dsi games work fine. So just do what I did but use where it is located on your sd card and ofc use the name you have for it.
so do i drag the arm9loaderhax.bin onto the folder because when i use patchanger exe it just shuts down

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem... even before A9LH installation, GBA games would not work with any CFW i tried.
Then i tried installing modified TWL/AGB .cia's, did not work then.

After all of that i did A9LH, and tried again with Luma3DS, still no dice.
Went on troubleshooting, and installed the normal TWL/AGB .cia's the guide told me to install, and still does not work.
I just want to play some Metroid Fusion but i cant seem to get anything to work. If i have to use retroarch then so be it, i would like it to look more integrated though if you know what i mean. Does anyone know anything i could try to get it to work?

if it makes any difference, im using BootCtr9 pointing to Luma/GW/Hourglass9/Uncart/Decrypt9/EmuNAND9 but i doubt thats the problem here.

Last edited by jscjml,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having the same problem... even before A9LH installation, GBA games would not work with any CFW i tried.
Then i tried installing modified TWL/AGB .cia's, did not work then.

After all of that i did A9LH, and tried again with Luma3DS, still no dice.
Went on troubleshooting, and installed the normal TWL/AGB .cia's the guide told me to install, and still does not work.
I just want to play some Metroid Fusion but i cant seem to get anything to work. If i have to use retroarch then so be it, i would like it to look more integrated though if you know what i mean. Does anyone know anything i could try to get it to work?

if it makes any difference, im using BootCtr9 pointing to Luma/GW/Hourglass9/Uncart/Decrypt9/EmuNAND9 but i doubt thats the problem here.
If using bootCTR9 you need to use pathchanger AFAIK.

Reactions: jscjml

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:| does everyone avoid what i say on this forum? XD I said pathchanger atleast 4 times xD
Also why does my comment have -snip on it?
You are not a cat. That's your problem.

Anyways, you have snip because you replied to a removed comment, and a mod removed it.

Back on topic. BootAnim9 latest release should do its own path changing patching on Luma3DS. BootCTR9 latest dev release or compiled from the latest commit should have path changing fix as well for Luma3DS.

BootAnim9 latest release
Link: https://github.com/Wolfvak/BootAnim9/releases

Latest BootCTR9 Dev build
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/page-200#post-6373015

Both have path-fixing. With the latest BootCTR9 dev build, the example is included in the boot_config.ini

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

Ponce123`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I encountered another problem sorry but I tried using the pathchanger and i think i messed up because know I can't even boot to home menu. i tried replacing the bootloaderhax.bin to the one originaly found on the lumadev folder but it still wont boot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm able to boot the Boot9anim but after that black screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol