Hacking A tale of two Wiis

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would appreciate any and all help on this.....

Wii # 1 can play backups (via Wiiflow) of Spongebob Boating Bash and Scooby Doo Spooky Swamp. Wii # 2 can't play either of those games. ALL other games work just fine. The odd thing... Wii # 2 *USE* to be able to play both games and then one day out of the blue, those 2 games stopped working. At NO TIME was any changes made to that 2nd Wii meaning, no updating via disc or Nintendo. I see that there are some differences but can anybody spot that 'AH HA!' difference and help me get Wii # 2 working as good as Wii # 1? They both have the same ver of Wiiflow and I believe the same ver of cIOS 249 in the same slot.
Both use an USB drive formatted in FAT32.

Wii # 1
Spongebob Boating and Scooby Doo Spooky Swamp both work

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v2

Found 93 titles.
Found 32 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 262): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 514): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 777): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1292): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2576): ES Identify Flash Access
IOS31 (rev 2576): ES Identify Flash Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 3612): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3610): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5149): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5149): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 4890): No Patches
IOS249 (rev 21): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v4
MIOS v8

Report generated on 2011/06/03.

Wii # 2
Spongebob Boating and Scooby Doo Spooky Swamp both FAIL

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v2

Found 285 titles.
Found 43 IOS on this console. 6 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16687): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 21): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v5

Report generated on 2011/06/03.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii #1 has cIOSCorp...wii #2 does not....that has to be the difference...

IIRC, (and correct me if i'm wrong)...launching discs in wiiflow does not launch them on 249 like NeoGamma does...(at least not by default)

if you have priiloader installed, there's a hack which can force discs to launch on 249. it's worth a shot to enable that and see if that can get it working....

EDIT: am i just assuming we're talking about discs...? if we're talking .wbfs files and not discs, try swapping the drives to rule out a corrupt game file.... if that doesn't do it, try swapping SD cards (if applicable) ....if all else fails, remod the damn things with Modmii...fast, easy, and you'll be current....(you may want to be sure to let modmii build different guides for each as they are different wii's though....)

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
wii #1 has cIOSCorp...wii #2 does not....that has to be the difference...

IIRC, (and correct me if i'm wrong)...launching discs in wiiflow does not launch them on 249 like NeoGamma does...(at least not by default)

if you have priiloader installed, there's a hack which can force discs to launch on 249. it's worth a shot to enable that and see if that can get it working....

EDIT: am i just assuming we're talking about discs...? if we're talking .wbfs files and not discs, try swapping the drives to rule out a corrupt game file.... if that doesn't do it, try swapping SD cards (if applicable) ....if all else fails, remod the damn things with Modmii...fast, easy, and you'll be current....(you may want to be sure to let modmii build different guides for each as they are different wii's though....)

I have never (knowiningly?) installed cIOSCorp onto Wii # 1. or # 2. I always knew it was bad news so never used it nor have I ever installed Priiloader on either one. I have a single, 500 gig WD drive that's formatted as FAT32 and the Wii games are copied over as .wbfs files. If I hook the drive into Wii # 1, both games in question play perfectly fine. If I hook the same drive to Wii # 2, failure to launch the 2 games in question. So by that, I know the USB drive is fine as are the dumps.

Curious, what makes you think cIOSCorp is installed?

I have tried re-hacking Wii # 2 with Modmii and same prob......those 2 games will not play. I also swapped SD cards.......no dice. I know, it's odd. I've been fighting this for months and looking everywhere for answers. If I install the original of either game into Wii # 2, it prompts for a system update. I'm scared to do that since I think 4.3U might be lurking on those games.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gene0915 said:
I have never (knowiningly?) installed cIOSCorp onto Wii # 1. or # 2. I always knew it was bad news so never used it nor have I ever installed Priiloader on either one. I have a single, 500 gig WD drive that's formatted as FAT32 and the Wii games are copied over as .wbfs files. If I hook the drive into Wii # 1, both games in question play perfectly fine. If I hook the same drive to Wii # 2, failure to launch the 2 games in question. So by that, I know the USB drive is fine as are the dumps.

CORP is not installed. He's probably seeing all those IOSes with the various bugs on Wii #1, because CORP IOSes show up in syscheck logs similarly. The version numbers aren't right for CORP though. What you have is old official IOSes from the early 3.x days.

QUOTE(gene0915 @ Jun 3 2011, 10:37 PM) If I install the original of either game into Wii # 2, it prompts for a system update. I'm scared to do that since I think 4.3U might be lurking on those games.
Install Priiloader and use the hack it has to block the updates.

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
gene0915 said:

CORP is not installed. He's probably seeing all those IOSes with the various bugs on Wii #1, because CORP IOSes show up in syscheck logs similarly. The version numbers aren't right for CORP though. What you have is old official IOSes from the early 3.x days.

QUOTE(gene0915 @ Jun 3 2011, 10:37 PM) If I install the original of either game into Wii # 2, it prompts for a system update. I'm scared to do that since I think 4.3U might be lurking on those games.
Install Priiloader and use the hack it has to block the updates.

I'd really really really like to avoid having to use Priiloader and physical discs. I want to get Wii # 2 like Wii # 1 because my daughter being a child and all..... I'd prefer her not to mess around with the DVD's and select those games like she use to be able to.......by loading up Wiiflow. I'm totally stumped as to how these games could work fine and then all of a sudden, stop. Can you give me any guidance on downgrading IOS'es on Wii # 2 to match # 1?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That doesn't make much sense. Priiloader may be intrusive, but the risks are far less dangerous than downgrading IOS'es. Also, priiloader is one of those programs that you never see unless you want it to see (you can only access it by holding the reset button while turning on the wii). The option to prevent wii's to upgrade is also a rather crucial one, especially for wiis that won't be used by people that know the ins and outs of hacking one (I can already predict she'll be trying another disc some time in the future...and that she will accidentally update, thus causing a lot of other games to no longer work).

That being said...if I read it correctly, you have 2 drives with those games on them. If so, I'd try to copy the games over from the disk that works to the one that's faulty. Seeing how these games worked before, the chance exists that they just got corrupted somehow. Haven't had that happen myself, but it's certainly a possibility.

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
That doesn't make much sense. Priiloader may be intrusive, but the risks are far less dangerous than downgrading IOS'es. Also, priiloader is one of those programs that you never see unless you want it to see (you can only access it by holding the reset button while turning on the wii). The option to prevent wii's to upgrade is also a rather crucial one, especially for wiis that won't be used by people that know the ins and outs of hacking one (I can already predict she'll be trying another disc some time in the future...and that she will accidentally update, thus causing a lot of other games to no longer work).

That being said...if I read it correctly, you have 2 drives with those games on them. If so, I'd try to copy the games over from the disk that works to the one that's faulty. Seeing how these games worked before, the chance exists that they just got corrupted somehow. Haven't had that happen myself, but it's certainly a possibility.

If I take the HD attached to Wii # 2 (where those 2 games don't work) and move it Wii # 1, both of the games in question work perfectly. It's not a matter of a corrupt HD or WBFS file..... it's something with the IOS's on Wii # 2. I know that Priiloader would be safe to use but I'd rather just try and resolve it via IOS upgrade/downgrade. My daughter will never make the mistake of putting in and original disc because they are locked up and out of reach for her. Plus, neither Wii can get on the internet (blocked at router). So with all that, I have no need for Priiloader and want to find a solution that will allow the games to work again via Wiiflow.

I've seen posts before with the same type of problem. "Game X was working via USB backuploader of choice yesterday and now it doesn't work. No updates were done to the Wii." Since my daughter has never accidentally installed a game update (since the originals are all locked away or done any update via Nintendo since the Wii's are blocked at the router), it's crazy that these 2 games (which use to work perfectly on Wii # 2) would all of a sudden just stop working. In cases just like mine, I never seen people post solutions as to how they got it all ironed out. It's like some IOS's have a time bomb or something. If this happened to me, and others appearently, it can happen to you. Just frustrates me to no end figuring this out since I know for a fact, no updates were done to this Wii. Heck, I'd still be on 3.2U if I didn't need SDHC support. I would have stopped at 4.0 on Wii # 2 but to try and fix this goofy freeaking problem of games working one day then not working the next, I upgraded to 4.2U in the hopes of getting newer IOS's installed.

Back to the drawing board I guess.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you