A small idea

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bdr9, Mar 10, 2009.

Mar 10, 2009

A small idea by bdr9 at 11:56 PM (642 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. bdr9
    OP

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hi all.

I just have a small question. It seems like, to me at least, that no one has tried to patch a 3.2 system menu to use the IOS50 included in 3.4. Is there something that I am missing, or is it just that no one has tried it? I just would like to have the supposed SD card speed enhancements, because I have a collection of VC and WiiWare games that I keep on my SD card, and it takes ~3mins to move the bigger ones to my NAND to play.

Also, can anyone tell me how to patch an IOS50 wad with the CIOSCORP DIP thing so that I could still play backups from the DC if I do this.

Thanks a lot,
    bdr9

2. icefireicefire

Member icefireicefire GBATemp Fails.

United States
    thought about, but dangerous

3. bdr9
    OP

United States
    In what way would it be dangerous? 3.4 uses that IOS anyway. Do you think it might happen after BootMii comes out, because people can recover from something like that more easily?

4. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    could lead to a brick if sm 3.2 is incompatible with ios50. there could be a couple of differences how the sm does calls to the ios. e.g. the sd access commands could be completely new and incompatible with 3.2

5. capuuz

Newcomer capuuz Member

United States
    Sorry posted on wrong topic

6. bdr9
    OP

United States
    OK. Thank you. I was just thinking about that because I saw that someone had asked that on the WiiBrew talk page for System Menu 3.4. I think someone might try it with the release of BootMii or something like that because a brick may be recoverable.