Gaming A really noobish question.

PurgeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... I've got FBI, and Luma, and CIAngel.

CIAngel is fine, but I can't get access to the internet for some reason, so I'm trying to install the cia I want manually. The CIA is not legit, and while I have looked up how to install CIAs, I don't know where to put the CIA file. The 3DS? Nintendo 3DS? Where do I put .cia files if I want them to show up on FBI? Also, how do I install games with FBI?
Thanks.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can put cia files anywhere on the SD card, it really doesn't matter. I suggest you put them on the root or in a folder on the root of the SD card. Call it something relevant like "CIA's"
Once in FBI select "SD" you will find the cia s here or in the folder you made. When you find the cia you want to install select it with the D Pad then press A. You should then see an option to install.

To install games with FBI, you will need legit CIA's or you need to convert .3ds files to CIA's with your systems private header.
You can use this program to do it. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/
It's not a one click process and involves a few steps that I wont go over here.

If CIAngel doesn't work for you, you can try FreeShop (Paul's Fork)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pauls-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.483159/

PurgeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason, my 3DS never connects to the internet, so Freeshop would be useless.

Also, what's the 'root'? I keep hearing that term, but I don't know what it is. Can you please explain what that term means, and where it is?

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Root is the lowest part of the drive. For the SD card for example root is where the Nintendo 3DS folder is, not the folder it self but where the folder is.
If you are on a PC and you open C:\ drive that's the root of the drive.
Root is a container like a box, you can put things in the container or you can put things in boxes in that container to keep them organized, but you can't put the container in anything else.
It's the bottom of the pile, end of the rope tip of the ice burg, there is nothing below it.
Understand?

PurgeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Root is the lowest part of the drive. For the SD card for example root is where the Nintendo 3DS folder is, not the folder it self but where the folder is.
If you are on a PC and you open C:\ drive that's the root of the drive.
Root is a container like a box, you can put things in the container or you can put things in boxes in that container to keep them organized, but you can't put the container in anything else.
It's the bottom of the pile, end of the rope tip of the ice burg, there is nothing below it.
Understand?
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast