Hacking A quick question about formating the Sysnand

skateredm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a Luma+A9LH installed in my O3DSXL but the friends list app doesnt run even after 15 minutes of wait (this "trick" was said in another thread), so i eject the SD card and turn on the O3DSXL without it, my question is, can i lose some important data of the Luma+A9LH if i format Sysnand WITHOUT the SD card in it?

And it will correct my friends list app problem?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
my question is, can i lose some important data of the Luma+A9LH if i format Sysnand WITHOUT the SD card in it?
Yes, your console will no longer read the Nintendo 3DS folder (formatting will change the encryption). You will lose all games and apps installed as well as your save data, if you didn't back it up with JKSM.

Reactions: skateredm

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep in mind, if your 3ds is acting up, formatting may not fix it and you'll be stuck with a new fc.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A 3DS isn't like a computer, reformatting may not solve your problem. If you weren't messing with the friend's list module, then chances are it's not broken. Thus reformatting may only land you in the same problem you thought you were going to fix
My suggestion is to not only download the latest Luma3DS from here
But in the luma folder, delete the config file. A lot has changed between Luma3DS 6 and Luma3DS 7.So really even if it's not a needed step, I still heavily suggest it.
Then testing to see if you are still having the issue.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Mr.Faq2015

skateredm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just keep in mind, if your 3ds is acting up, formatting may not fix it and you'll be stuck with a new fc.
My 3ds was freezing always i tried to enter in the "friends list" app, then i tried to seach for the resolution of my problem here, but no answer, so i start this thread, but 10 minutes after it, i formated the 3DS without the SD card, and the result was exactly the same of the Quantumcat post, so his answer was the one i searched for. Lucky me i has done a backup of all my saves, the only problem was install all my 3DS games back, but i resolved this too.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/