A question about the USB hookup on PSP 3k

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Scyris, Jul 31, 2011.

Jul 31, 2011
  1. Scyris
    OP

Newcomer Scyris Advanced Member

Canada
    Can I use this setup to put data on and off the memory card that inside the psp? My PC doesn't have a "proper" reader for it and its annoying to always have to make an extension with cardboard and tape so I can fit it in my reader (uses a MS-pro slot) Also is it normal for it to take about 40 mins to an hour in a ms-pro slot to put a game on it? Was thinking of buying the USB to.. mini-usb or whatever the psp needs, if I'll be able to put stuff on the mem card that way, Assuming its cheaper than a USB reader anyway.

2. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    My computer has a MS PRO Slot and it doesn't take 40 mins to a Hour to transfer a game on it. Same with using a USB cable. Psp games don't take long to transfer.

3. Scyris
    OP

Newcomer Scyris Advanced Member

Canada
    I wonder why mine takes so god awefully long then. Takes about 40-60 mins per game for me to xfer it from my pc to the card. Maybe this is the issue, my reader only supports usb 1.1. and the usb 2.0 ports are on the back.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    USB 1.1 is a lot slower than 2.0 so that would be an issue, but even then it should only take half an hour or so for a 1.8 gig game.

Maybe your card has a slow write speed.