Ale64 Sep 16, 2019.

1. Ale64
    OP

Ale64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    Spain
    Moaña, España
    Hey. I'm new over here, so if I am posting this in the wrong place or something, I want to apologize in advance. I have the following question:

You see, I want to buy Pokémon Crystal on the eShop. However, as I couldn't pay it cause I needed to save money for another thing, I downloaded it via CIA and installed it with homebrew (pirated it, basically... which I know it isn't right). Now that I see the opportunity to pay for it, I wanted to invert a 15€ eShop card into buying the game and getting a Pokémon Bank subscription, too. The problem is, I don't know if going into the eShop and buying the game, when I already have it on the menu installed illegally, would get me banned from going online and such when trying to get it the good way.

So, trying to buy a game online when I pirated it before would get me in trouble? I'm quite insecure. I thought on getting it without the SD, where the game is, but I don't know if that would solve the problem.

If there's a problem with the post, I don't have problems on removing it (cause the pirating thing and such). Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ale64, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    U won't get banned

Ale64 likes this.
  3. Ale64
    OP

Ale64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    Spain
    Moaña, España
    Nice. Thank you for letting me know!

4. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    You need to remove the ticket for the game before you can purchase it. This can be done via FBI without deleting the game itself. Find the Title ID for the game in "Titles", then find the same ID in "Tickets" and delete it.

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. Ale64
    OP

Ale64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    Spain
    Moaña, España
    Let me guess. If I try to get the game without removing the ticket, the shop would recognize the game as if it was bought already?

Also, thanks for the additional info!

6. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Yes

7. Ale64
    OP

Ale64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    Spain
    Moaña, España
    Nice to know, gonna have it in mind before buying then!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted