A Pro controller that connects to a Wii Remote ??

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by AdamBrunt, Jan 10, 2016.

1. AdamBrunt
    OP

AdamBrunt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 24, 2003
    Hi all,

The kids got Minecraft over christmas and are loving it so far. However, for two local player play a Pro controller is required apparently.

We currently don't have one and all the ones I have seen appear to connect directly to the Wii U via a USB cable. The location of our Wii U means that this wouldn't work or rather you'd have to play standing up all the time. Or is the USB cable only for recharging the controller's battery ?

So, is it possible to get a Pro controller that is either completely wireless or that connects to the bottom a Wii U Remote ?

Last edited by AdamBrunt, Jan 10, 2016
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The USB cable is only for charging. Alternatively, you can get Classic Controller Pro which is a Wii controller but works with most (if not all, unsure about that) games that the Wii U Pro Controller works with, and plugs into the Wiimote.

3. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    The USB cable is only for recharging. It's connected to the Wii U via bluetooth (or Wifi?).

edit: got ninja'd

4. AdamBrunt
    OP

AdamBrunt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 24, 2003
  5. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    work yes, just as well, no.

look around locally you may be able to find a used wii u pro

6. LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
    I wouldn't trust that thing any further than i can throw it.

You can get PDP wired pads for around £15 (price depends on what colour/motive you want). They are also plugged into a Wii Mote as well and work decently enough if you don't want to invest into a pro controller.

Sick Wario likes this.