Hacking Question A noob question

DamnParzival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm relatively new to the hacking scene. Just recently found out about the existence of CFWs and now I have a hacked 3DS, Wii and Switch. But now that I did hack my Switch, I realised that only being able to launch it with the payload inject sucks. Is there a way to (on FW 7.0.1) do anything else to be able to use my hacked Switch on the go without a dongle or a PC? I've got the Hekate 5.0.1. If anything else is needed, more than happy to give more information.

Reactions: NoNAND

AsrielGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You can also inject payloads to your Switch using your phone (Android or IOS, but I think you need jailbreaked IOS), but you should just buy a dongle. Never forget to trigger RCM before this! (I recommend you to use the tin foil\aluminium foil trick, but you can simply install AutoRCM ||AutoRCM actually corrupts your boot and your Switch will be unable to boot without a payload injector!||).

Reactions: DamnParzival

DamnParzival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys, appreciate it! I'll be using my phone. By the way, what are the things I can do with the Hekate? Or is it better to switch to Homebrew Launcher? Unfortunately, I can't find a video that works for 7.0.1 FW. It usually just says "Failed to launch firmware". Is it just too old?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I do this?
Push the hekate payload using tegra etc, run cfw

Should be pretty self explanatory when you have it booted up, I would have to turn on my switch to give you exact steps

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me this much

What have you gotten working in the past?

Have you ever booted hekate or cfw or atmosphere before?

Can you currently play backups etc?

DamnParzival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh I just started hacking the Switch today, so haven't played anything yet. I can boot the hekate menu easily through the payload on my PC, which immediately boots it into hekate. All I see from there is the standard Hekate 5.x interface.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would appreciate it, or you could link a tutorial or something if it's not against the rules.
I recommend doing the following to boot CFW (Atmosphere) and homebrew:
  1. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  2. Download the latest Atmosphere from Github (currently 0.9.2)
  3. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  4. Download these signature patches
  5. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  6. Put the SD into your Switch
  7. Boot your Switch into RCM
  8. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
If you hold R while launching a game (or the photo album), the homebrew launcher will load. Put any homebrew applications you want to use in the /switch/ folder on your SD card.

As for conveniently loading CFW, you should keep your Switch in sleep mode when it's not being used (and docked and/or plugged in whenever it's at home and not being used). Going in and out of sleep mode won't disable CFW. You should very rarely have to put your Switch into RCM and boot using a payload.

I personally recommend using AutoRCM as a convenient way to enter RCM, but that means you cannot fully power off your Switch and turn it back on without pushing a payload with your computer or phone.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: wartutor and x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: