Gaming A new console is NOT a fixed console

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After my SD card reader on my Wii got broken, I decided to send it into Nintendo to get it repaired. Now. I heard stories that if the console is broken, they should be able to transfer the data over to a new console. Well. I finally get the console back and when I turn it on, it acts like it's a completely brand new console (hell, it even had 2.1 firmware). Then it hit me. They actually just sent me a new console and all my game save data and all my VC games is wiped.

THANKS NINTENDO NOW I REALLY AM GOING TO TRY OUT THAT VC HACK TO GET MY GAMES.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think they only swap over the user data. Like your personal info. You should be able to redownload the games you previously downloaded for free.

Give it a shot and see what happens. If not, file a complaint and tell them to send you a wii points card with the total amount you spent.

Palmtree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Edit: suppachipmunk beat me to it
smile.gif

Dagor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well I'm actually quite sure that you accepted the fact that that this could happen when you sent it in.
No manufacturer takes responsibility four your personal data on a device you send in for service.
And, by all means, you'll get your VC purchases back if you prove that you are you, thats Nintendo's policy. You're allowed to re-download your VC purchases as often as you want. If you prove to them that they send you a new console, there shouldn't be an problem.
As for your savegames, yeah, they're gone.

Edit: Damn, beaten by both Palmtree and suppachipmunk
wink.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
That's bad to hear, man. When I got mine back from repairs, they took off the 1-up sticker at the right side of the Wii (it's just a small one) and they even had the nerve to return it to me. Why would they return it if it can't be used anymore. To add insult to injury, removing the sticker left some scratches. I guess they used something to scrape off the sticker, it's pretty sturdy!

Only use WC24 when you need to/feel like using it...

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wait. Turns out the VC titles CAN be redownload again. What a relief. Now that I think about it, I don't really care about the save data now.

Now I have to juggle my decision making senses and decide if I should install more VC games via the TP hack.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
That's bad to hear, man. When I got mine back from repairs, they took off the 1-up sticker at the right side of the Wii (it's just a small one) and they even had the nerve to return it to me. Why would they return it if it can't be used anymore. To add insult to injury, removing the sticker left some scratches. I guess they used something to scrape off the sticker, it's pretty sturdy!

Only use WC24 when you need to/feel like using it...

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
WC24 made my JAP Wii having graphical errors, I sold it but didn't tell it had problems lol and just got myself a US Wii instead.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How much of an effect does WC24 have on installing the VC wads?

Also, while I'm at it, is installing Homebrew Channel and then using Wad Manager a good combination?

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
My bad...

I just shared my experience with having a broken Wii and having it replaced. WC24 has got nothing to do with WADs at all....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM