A new console is NOT a fixed console

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Harsky, May 30, 2008.

May 30, 2008
  1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    After my SD card reader on my Wii got broken, I decided to send it into Nintendo to get it repaired. Now. I heard stories that if the console is broken, they should be able to transfer the data over to a new console. Well. I finally get the console back and when I turn it on, it acts like it's a completely brand new console (hell, it even had 2.1 firmware). Then it hit me. They actually just sent me a new console and all my game save data and all my VC games is wiped.

THANKS NINTENDO NOW I REALLY AM GOING TO TRY OUT THAT VC HACK TO GET MY GAMES.

2. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think they only swap over the user data. Like your personal info. You should be able to redownload the games you previously downloaded for free.

Give it a shot and see what happens. If not, file a complaint and tell them to send you a wii points card with the total amount you spent.

3. Palmtree

Newcomer Palmtree Member

Canada
    Edit: suppachipmunk beat me to it [​IMG]

4. Dagor

Newcomer Dagor Newbie

Germany
    Well I'm actually quite sure that you accepted the fact that that this could happen when you sent it in.
    No manufacturer takes responsibility four your personal data on a device you send in for service.
    And, by all means, you'll get your VC purchases back if you prove that you are you, thats Nintendo's policy. You're allowed to re-download your VC purchases as often as you want. If you prove to them that they send you a new console, there shouldn't be an problem.
    As for your savegames, yeah, they're gone.

Edit: Damn, beaten by both Palmtree and suppachipmunk [​IMG]

5. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    That's bad to hear, man. When I got mine back from repairs, they took off the 1-up sticker at the right side of the Wii (it's just a small one) and they even had the nerve to return it to me. Why would they return it if it can't be used anymore. To add insult to injury, removing the sticker left some scratches. I guess they used something to scrape off the sticker, it's pretty sturdy!

Only use WC24 when you need to/feel like using it...

6. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Oh wait. Turns out the VC titles CAN be redownload again. What a relief. Now that I think about it, I don't really care about the save data now.

Now I have to juggle my decision making senses and decide if I should install more VC games via the TP hack.

7. R2DJ

United Kingdom
    That's bad to hear, man. When I got mine back from repairs, they took off the 1-up sticker at the right side of the Wii (it's just a small one) and they even had the nerve to return it to me. Why would they return it if it can't be used anymore. To add insult to injury, removing the sticker left some scratches. I guess they used something to scrape off the sticker, it's pretty sturdy!

Only use WC24 when you need to/feel like using it...

8. DarkCamui

Member DarkCamui GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    WC24 made my JAP Wii having graphical errors, I sold it but didn't tell it had problems lol and just got myself a US Wii instead.

9. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    How much of an effect does WC24 have on installing the VC wads?

Also, while I'm at it, is installing Homebrew Channel and then using Wad Manager a good combination?

10. R2DJ

United Kingdom
    My bad...

I just shared my experience with having a broken Wii and having it replaced. WC24 has got nothing to do with WADs at all....

11. Nintendokid54

Newcomer Nintendokid54 Member

United States
    at least you get another 1 year warranty no? they gave me an extra one year for when i turned it in...

12. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    vc games hack is easy.. I got a couple more to throw on my wii soon, the emulation is perfect [​IMG]