A Link Between Worlds Plot Holes? (spoilers)

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Jerret Douglass, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Jerret Douglass
    OP

Jerret Douglass Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2013
    United States
    I found a few plot holes that kind of ruined the game for me (at least on the story side of things). First off at the end of the game we found out that Ravio was not clueless, he knew what he was doing coming to Hyrule and finding you from the start, he just let you believe other wise.

My first question is how did he even get to Hyrule? It is true that he had procession of the bracelet to begin with but when he gives it to you it is not functional. So unless he drained all it's power while coming to Hyrule how the heck did he get there? So the only explanation is when he had the bracelet it had only a little bit of power left it in for one time use. That might be the case as like in the end scene of the game Hilda said the bracelet has just enough power to send Link and Zelda back to Hyrule.

The first plot hole is explainable in a way but this one I have no idea how it could happen, that being at the end of the game how did Ravio get back to Lorule? Link had the bracelet and Lorule isn't accessible without using the wall painting ability. Just how? Any theories? or am I just blind to something so obvious?

2. TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    Having just gotten through it (yay Gateway), you're certainly right about the second question. Unless there was something in the Sacred Realm that the hero overlooked, or unless somehow the sages had something to do with it, then yeah, I can't come up with how.

Then again, wtf IS the thing flying around him? There's no parallel to the World of Light to that critter..?

3. Jerret Douglass
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2013
    United States

I don't see why or even how the sages could help him. They were in the sacred realm, even if Ravio could speak with them somehow would they believe his story? And do the Sages even how the power to travel/send themselves/people to Lorule? Nintendo why.....?

Also it makes me think if Lorule has it's on Tri Force it must have it's own set of sages, why did they allowed the Tri Force to be destroyed in the first place, and after it was why didn't they do something about it?

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    he did use the bracelet and it had just enough power left to get him to hyrule he says this in his diary in hero mode.

5. Jerret Douglass
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2013
    United States

Alright that explains how he got to Hyrule but how did he get back to Lorule? Link had the bracelet.

6. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

T Link7 and SignZ like this.
  7. KuRensan

KuRensan aka Pearbook

Apr 27, 2009
    Netherlands
    Somewhere in the sky
    So the bracelet came from Lorule. That could mean that Hyrule had a bracelet as well and Ravio went looking for it (he also found/got the one from Lorule somehow). This would mean Ravio used it to get back, but it wouldn't be broken and so there would be no reason to break the first one to get Zelda and Link back to Hyrule. Or Ravio did the same thing as Hilda to stop the connection between Hyrule and Lorule.

8. manlego

manlego GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2009
    Brazil
    What bothers me more than this is how his bird come take his things when you die, even when you are in Lorule.

9. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    the bird is small enough to fit through the dimensional cracks

10. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    what about the witches broom also?

11. manlego

manlego GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2009
    Brazil
    Yeah that too

12. Schezo92

Schezo92 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2011
    United States
    Nowhere
    It probably got significantly easier to go between worlds when the "dimensional cracks" started showing up. I think Hilda says that the 2 worlds gotten even closer than before during your first visit.

13. Chocolina

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    "This video game, thats a work of fiction, didn't explain enough about the magic bracelet bitch bitch bitch"