Hacking A guy with 3.1E wants me to hack his Wii

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
He already has a WiiKey, but long story short it's a bad install and he's got no one to fix it for him so it can't be updated or anything. His only solution to play SMG and other new games is to have his Wii hacked.

Now, so I don't mess up, this is a friend of a very good friend of mine(who sold his badly modded wii to this guy lol despite me telling him not to), how do I go about upgrading to 3.2E? I know how to go from there and install everything he needs, it's a very straightforward process but I don't know how to upgrade to 3.2E, I don't have a wireless internet connection.

Do I just install HBC and everything and then get a 3.2E Menu WAD and install that or do I update to 3.2E first and THEN install HBC?
If I installed HBC first will I have to reinstall it once i'm at 3.2E

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its fairly simple if you had access to a wireless connection, you would just have to run ARC.

Since your offline, the best choice would to get a 3.2E wad and install that through a wad manager. I think it was determined that it was safe to do that a little while ago. You can get the wad by extracting the update partition from a game that is known to update to 3.2E.

1. HBC
2. Install wad

You wont need to reinstall HBC after upgrading.

Baker_Au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How have you figured out the modchip is bad? Perhaps you can just update the WiiKey to the latest version 1.9s, and the Wii to 3.2 and get it working without messing with softmods.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I just wanted to know if it mattered in what order i installed HBC and 3.2E now i know that it doesn't matter lol

As for his chip, I've forgotten what kinda error it gave but i did some research on it back then and it turned out it was a bad install, it just refuses to update with the update discs, 1.9s was even out when my friend still had this Wii.
I'm going to do the soft mod thing though, it's the best thing you can do to a Wii, you get WiiWare, VC and everything, it's awesome.

Baker_Au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still think it's worth trying to upgrade the chip - try and update it yourself, don't trust your friends judgement. A modchip is still much better than a softmod.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did try to upgrade it couple months ago, after the analyses was over it would report an error, the same disc worked fine on my Wii. I tried quite a few times and it just wouldn't budge and from what I understand the modder soldered one or two of the points wrong.
Nothing I can do about that though, I can't see squat so I can't do soldering and all that electronics stuff.

If I can get this guy's system to run SMG and MadWorld it'll be fine, I just wish my friend didn't sell the Wii to him then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1