A gaming pc with optimal netplay?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DunnoBro, Jun 4, 2014.

1. DunnoBro
    OP

DunnoBro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2013
    France
    What should i look for when building? Would just catering to general PC gaming accomplish this or do i need to give special attention to the emulators needs?

I'm mostly on budget, ~$600 and below. Already have a monitor, hard drive, and OS. Just need the base PC and stuff.

2. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Why is this in the Wii section?

3. DunnoBro
    OP

DunnoBro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2013
    France
    By netplay i mean dolphin/wii emulation. I saw similar topics about dolphin/pc requirements here so i thought it'd be fine if i asked about build/pc parts here too.

I apologize if i was too presumptuous.

4. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Its okay i just didnt understand what you really wanted. Sadly i can not help as i know nothing about Dolphin did you check their sites/Threads?

5. DunnoBro
    OP

DunnoBro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2013
    France
    Yes, there's plenty of threads on pc builds meant for emulation, but not so much on netplay (which from my research appear to be a bit more picky) so i was hoping to get input from people who use netplay and their builds.

6. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    ...Not really from what I've set up. I've recently made 2 rigs for my sons, each with possibly a slightly lower budget, and there doesn't seem to be any problem on either machine regards Dolphin netplay.. You'll probably guess yourself that netplay will need more horsepower than single play, and that's pretty much all to bear in mind when setting up your rig really! ;)