yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I'm sure you're aware, Brawl is doing an excellent job of slowing down GBAtemp down, as well as creating all those nasty MySQL errors. And it's difficult to moderate efficiently in these conditions, so I'm asking you to help us to yourself
[*]If a post is naughty, use the 'Report' button. PLEASE don't reply to it because that makes more work for the mods and your post will deleted too.[*]Please give a sensible report. Things like 'against the rules' or 'being mean' really don't help us. Oh, and neither do 3 paragraphs. Just keep it short and simple, yet tell us why the post is bad! This helps because when we're looking through the list of reports we'll obviously want to remove a ROM request before a one-word post.[*]If there are lots more posts that need cleaning up in that topic, add it as a note in the report. Sometimes, I clean up one post without realizing there's lots more a few posts down.

Bad Example
member923565 said:
nooby_noob_124 said:
lol i haz teh romz luk here http://give-me-the-romz.com
LOL I REPORTD U LUK HOW I INCLUDE YUR LINK IN MY POAST SO MOD HAS 2 TRASH MIEN TOO LOOOOL

Believe me, I'll appreciate it if you help!

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, the report post button is not how you reply to the topic. I don't know how many reported posts I've received where it's just like, "Try and update and see if that works."

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, this would be better suited to my blog
tongue.gif

Topic moved.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need to add this text to the GBAtemp banner:

We do NOT host or link to ROMs or ISO's for ANY system.

That would probably cut down on noob traffic.

Upgrading the servers could help too.
wink.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you report someone, does it inform all mods or just the ones on at the time?

It will first try to report it to anyone who has control over that section and is online at the moment.
If no one with power over that section is online, then it will e-mail those who do who are offline.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1