A few Vita questions

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by WiiUBricker, Jun 15, 2013.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    So I am currently considering to get a Vita.

Questions:

#1: Is the lowest brightness level suitable for playing in complete darkness? (Does it hurt your eyes in the dark?)
    #2: If you compare the PSP Go screen and the Vita screen, what screen do you prefer?
    #3: Are PSP games like GUN Showdown finally playable on the Vita? (They were not on the PSP due to a missing second analog stick)
    #4: Do you think Sony will release an updated Vita with internal storage at some point in the future?
    #5: Do PSP games really look better on the Vita or is it just an illusion casted on you from the big OLED screen?
    #6: What are the top 3 games a Vita user should get?

That's all :p1ng:

2. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    I luv my Vita despite it having no gaems.

1) I leave my Vita among the lowest brightness settings and I've found gaeming in the dark to be fine.
    2) Vita, that OLED.
    3) They're better. You have to take into account gaems which used the Dpad or buttons for aiming/camera control were not analog. It does make playing gaems like MGS more manageable and less cluttered to play.
    4) I Don't LOL
    5) Yes. They look rather lovely.
    6) Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Guacamelee and PS+

Rydian and WiiUBricker like this.
  3. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Well, this makes me worry a bit :/

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    No real problem IMO. Only thing that could be said as a fault for the lowest brightness is that my girlfriend may wake up due to it if she's already gone to sleep (she doesn't like any kind of light source for that matter when going to sleep). If that's not taken into account, there is no issue :P

5. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Eh, I have to lower my PSP Go's brightness with a plugin to 25% to make it not burn my eyes while I am in bed. So far it seems that you can use the Vita as a flashlight even on the lowest brightness level.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto

WiiUBricker likes this.
  7. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States

WiiUBricker likes this.
  8. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    One question about PS+. Is PS+ region specific? Lets say I have a european PSN account and buy a PS+ subscription. Can I use it for US games?

9. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Nope, unfortunately you can only get games in your region. Europe has better PS+ exclusives anyway in my opinion.

WiiUBricker likes this.
  10. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    So I want to buy a Vita with Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and a memory card, but oh god these damn things are way too expensive. With a 16GB card I would need to pay for everything ~€300. Are there any cheaper clones available?

11. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Nope sometimes US has some good discounts like newegg 32GB for 35$ I was going to buy one but couldn't find anyone to post me it in time.
    I'm still using an 8GB since launch and although it's a pain transferring stuff to ps3 and pc for storage it's not THAT bad as I buy retail carts when available and don't generally keep games I've finished on the memory card.
    I have a 500GB PS3 and 8TB on PC so storage isn't a problem. Besides you can only play one game at a time!
    Like now I have Disgaea 3 cart in, Velocity Ultra, OMG HD Zombies, Star Wars Pinball and Uncharted GA on the memory card and about 7 movies and still have over 1GB space.

WiiUBricker likes this.
  12. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    #1: I always use lowest settings even at daytime.
    #2: PSVita screen is awesome, but I find it over saturated when playing PSP games, the "classic colors" setting on the PSP emulator helps though.
    #3: to know what games are playable on Vita you should go to PSN on your pc and find out if your games are listed on the Vita section.
    #4: probably, but after some years.
    #5: like I said, I don't like the saturation of the colors very much, but everything is alright, the resolution of the screen is exactly the double of the PSP screen and you can even disable the bilinear filter and force the old colors if you like.
    #6: Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Uncharted Golden Abyss, basically get PS+ for those 3 and more, then go hunting more games.

16gb seems like lots of space, but I ran out after installing some PS+ games, P3P and Chrono Cross, if you can go for the 32gb one, but 16gb is fine if you get most games retail instead of digital, and don't forget that youtube needs free space to load long hd videos, a gig is fine to leave free if you plan to do that.

WiiUBricker likes this.
  13. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    I got mine on Black Friday for roughly 130 euros shipped from Amazon.com (179.99$ IIRC). It had a White PSVita , 4 GB memory card (upgraded it to 32 GB a few months back), AC3:L (retail), PSABR voucher, 3 months PS+ voucher and free shipping. So in total it's cost me about 180 euros for a 32 GB + the bundle + games of course (PS+ gives quite a lot so...).