A few quick questions about AKAIO

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Dec 22, 2008.

Dec 22, 2008
  1. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Since the Wiki's down and I just downloaded the AKAIO firmware, I have a few quick questions about the AKAIO. Thanks in advance for your help.

1) In the \_aio\ak2loader folder, do you put both the \_ak2 folder and the akmenu4.nds files in there?
    2) If a game doesn't load off of the AKAIO firmware, how do you change it to load off the stock firmware?
    3) Which cheat file is updated when you choose to update the cheat file over WiFi?
    4) It says that it supports the EZFlash 3-in-1: does that mean it'll load GBA games directly from the menu?

2. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    1. Just akmenu4.nds. Probably help to rename so you know which fw its from (ie- akmenu412.nds)
    2. Highlight rom, press Y twice. change "AK2 Loader" option.
    3. I don't know. I don't use it.
    4. Yes

3. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    1.not the folder, just the akmenu.4.nds
    2.To install, the firmware must be placed at "__AIO/ak2loader/". The loader can be renamed freely. To use the loader, select a .NDS file, and open up the .NDS Properties by pressing the Y button (or use the Start menu). Press Y again to bring up the .NDS options. You can now change the loader from AKAIO to the other loader
    3.AKAIO can use CHEATS.XML, CHEAT.DAT, or USRCHEAT.DAT format. Simply download and place the file at "__AIO/cheats.
    4.Yes, I believe so (i have no 3in1 to check)

here's a snapshot page of the wiki if you want more info