A few questions

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Uncle FEFL, Mar 12, 2010.

Mar 12, 2010

A few questions by Uncle FEFL at 5:07 AM (3,004 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. Uncle FEFL
    OP

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    Hey, I'm expecting an EZ Flash Vi pretty soon, since I don't have any DSi flashcards. I'm new to having multiple flashcards, and I'm only familiar with the Supercard DSOne, so therefore I have some questions about this one.

1. "CHT" and "SAVE" folder: I'm fairly sure the "SAVE" folder goes on the root, along with the "CHT" folder. Can someone confirm this?

2. Saves: Can I just copy/paste my SAV files from my Supercard into the "SAVE" folder and play them? I'm pretty sure of this as well, and I could also test it myself when I get the flashcard, but I'm just wondering in case I have to change around some stuff (which I doubt).

3. What is the usual hardware version of the EZVi? Is it [705] or [805], I'd just like to know what to expect so I can update to v15 or v14, depending on the EZVi. I'm getting it from RHS, if that makes any difference.

4. Games: I read that I NEED a game in order for the EZVi to boot. Does this need to be in the root, or can I have the game anywhere? All the videos that I've been watching don't really talk about this.

Thanks a lot for anyone who answers in advance. [​IMG]

2. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    1) Save folder goes in the root, yes. CHT folder is no longer used nor does every game need it own cheat file, get the USRCHEAT version of any cheat file (like the one from FileTrip) you care to use and drop it in the EZ5Shell folder.

2) AFAIK, that should work. I believe both carts are using the same format. If not there are save converters, which I can't be bothered to look for right now. :-)

3) If you're using the EZFVi on a DSL there is no reason to upgrade the boot strap. If you're using it on a DSi, just upgrade it to the appropriate version for the card you receive. There is no reason not to, really , the latest versions are stable and really only improve compatibility for the card version in question.

4) Don't know where you read that, or which confused soul posted it BUT... Why wouldn't you have a game on your SD? Regardless it doesn't matter, an EZFVi will boot just fine w/o a single game on it. And it's menu negotiates folders just fine so you can put you games wherever you like.

I'm pretty sure you could just install the EZ's latest RC to the same SD your using on your SC1 and leave everything else alone and it would work (barring cheats - see point 1). Then you could even still use the SD in your SC1 w/o any more hassel then removing it from one cart and putting it in the other.

On another note, Moonshell's media playback has been removed from the EZ's kernel. You'll need a copy of Moonshell installed to play your video and music.

Edit: Just thought of this. All my advice is based off the 2.x RCx line. There is absolutely no reason to use the 1.8x "stable" or 1.9 versions (e.g. CHT folder is still used these versions). 2.0 RC 13 is rock solid and contains all the latest fixes (even fixed some games and things that no one announced/mentioned).

The only reason to use an older kernel is to use a pre-1.6 so you can use clean mode, IMO.

3. Uncle FEFL
    OP

United States
    1. OK

2. OK

3. I'm using a DSi. [​IMG]

4. I was just wondering on this one. I'm a little paranoid.

Thanks for your help.

4. Sp1R1t

Member Sp1R1t GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    hello all i am going to buy EZFVi... my dsi is v1.2E. should i update it or keep it like that? i wonder if the EZF5 will work with v1.2E...And something else... i downloaded a fil for EZF5 named "ez5firmwareV15.nds". How can i acticate it ??(i dont know about flash cards and i think that u understood that [​IMG] )

5. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    All new EZvi are sold with firmware v15 on it, and run on any DSi (including DSI LL and XL) on the market with any firmware.

Now about the fact you wish to learn things about this flashcart, read my sig. [​IMG]

6. Sp1R1t

Greece
    1.so no problem about my dsi which is v1.2E right.

2.Read ur what?(ur guide?)

7. Mbmax

Antarctica
  8. Sp1R1t

Greece
    could u answear the 1st question??[​IMG]

9. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    They're named differently. I'm not certain, but I think they're the filename of the rom with the extension "sav" instead of "nds". Run a rom to check what save file it writes.

10. Sp1R1t

Greece

LoL i mean the question"so no problem about my dsi which v1.2E right?"

11. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    No problem with that.

12. Mbmax

Antarctica
    In bold what you have not seen.

13. Uncle FEFL
    OP

United States
    Ah, I see. Thanks for that. [​IMG]

14. Sp1R1t

Greece
    The EZF5 will work with DSi XL???

15. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Well ummm duh. Some people prefer to write it as EZ-Vi instead of EZF5 (There are 7 versions, one of which is the EZ-V, which is NOT compatible with the DSi)

16. Sp1R1t

Greece
    i mean EZ-Vi... and something else..i dont understand how to see the model of my EZ-Vi...

17. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You really can't unless you want to break the flashcart to look at the PCB. Don't worry too much, we all know which one your refering to even with the mangled short hand some people choose to use or try to make up.

The DSi XL/LL is just a supersized DSi. The EZ-Flash Team decided to make things simple and sell only the most recent flashcart, EZ Flash Vi, all of which is backwards compatible with the older DSL/DS.

18. Sp1R1t

Greece
    EZ Flash Vi can play GBA games? and how the F*ck can i use cheats...i dont uderstand... where should i put them???

19. Mbmax

Antarctica
    Quote from the wiki in my sig :

And last :

How to identify your EZ5 version

20. Sp1R1t

Greece
    ARDS database file: what is that???(i have already seen that sig and it helped tooooo much,ty)