A few questions on A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CloudCocopuffs, Mar 29, 2016.

1. CloudCocopuffs
    OP

CloudCocopuffs 3DS Homebrew Enthusiast

Banned
    Mar 28, 2016
    I'd like to develop a GUI version of 'sysupdater' and was wanting to use my 3DS to test. If i brick my 3DS i can restore it via A9LH correct?

2. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    As long as your cfw has FIRM writes blocking (Cakes and AuRei both have this) then you can restore your sysnand without worry.

Alternatively, you can also use an emunand to test it without having to clobber your sysnand at all.

3. CloudCocopuffs
    OP

Banned
    Mar 28, 2016
    I have ReiNAND, will that work? And yeah that's actually a really good idea :P

4. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Normal ReiNand does not have the FIRM write blocking patch (last I checked anyway), so you definitely don't want to do anything to your sysnand. And because of that, if you are using updated sysnand+cfw I think it would be in your interest to use AuRei instead.

5. CloudCocopuffs
    OP

Banned
    Mar 28, 2016
    Are you positive i cant restore my emuNAND backup through Decrypt9 on boot?
    I really dont want to brick, but Aureinand has tons of issues and i dont want to set it up :(

6. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    Norway
    Lunatea
    Cakes is an alternative too as FenrirWolf said. But what are the issues you speak of? I'd like to know since I'm thinking of using it on one of my 3DS systems.